Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregisterd User see forums

How can I to do this:
    I'd like that not registered users can see all forums but they can't open new topic.
    Because if i go on my site and I don't do log-in, I can't see forums

You should achieve that with usergroup-based permissions. If you want unregistered users to see all forums, but they should not be allowed to create new topics, just edit the "Unregistered/Not logged in" usergroup (if neccessary at all, because guests aren't allowed to create new topics by default, if I remember correctly) and set "Can create topics" to "No".

Comment

Ok, my permissions are:
      Can see Channel: Yes;
      Can create Topics: No;
      But I can see forums.

Comment

Wait, just to understand what you want to achieve (because now you write "But I can see forums" whereas in the op it is "I can't see forums"):
        Do you want that unregistered users (= guests) can see all your forums, but can't post any content without registering first? So basically you want to have the default setting that most forum owners use?

Comment

Exactly ! Because it seems to me that you have set all the permissions in the right way , but when I go to my site and not I log in , I see the page that says " You are not authorized to view this page ."

Comment

First of all, make sure that all channel permissions are correct. Take a look under "AdminCP > Channel Management > Channel Permissions". There you can individually set channel permissions for every usergroup. Make sure things like "Can View Channels", "Can View Topic Content" and "Can View Others' Topics" are set to Yes. Also make sure that if you inherit permissions from parent channels, these channels need to be set up correctly.

Then I'd check the usergroup permissions for "Unregistered/Not logged in".

Comment

I checked everything as you told me to do, and everything matches.
              The problem I have noticed in the last two hours is as follows:
              every now and then, when they are not logged in can see the forums and quietly, as it should be, I can not open threads, etc ..., while other times, always when they are not logged in, I get the message that says you are not authorized to view the page in question.

Comment

Go into your AdminCP and then go to Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options. Set the Guest Cache to 0 if it isn't already.

Delete your cache under Maintenance -> Clear System Cache.

Reset any CDN that you're using.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  Go into your AdminCP and then go to Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options. Set the Guest Cache to 0 if it isn't already.

Delete your cache under Maintenance -> Clear System Cache.

Reset any CDN that you're using.
                  Great!!! Now work perfectly !!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X