Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong with "Remove duplicate topics..."?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibeauty
    replied
    I will make an update and if problem will persist I will write here.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The tool you're talking about won't resolve your issue. If it had it would mention invalid data. Please provide the information in the thread title "Getting your questions answered quickly" in this forum. As well as a series of steps to recreate your issue.

Did you have similar problems on your test upgrade before upgrading your live production site?

Leave a comment:

• ibeauty
    replied
    I don't know how many topics i have. It looks like I have less than 1,5k. I'd ran this tool because when I write in some topics, I get "invalid data" on save. So I though maybe this will repair it, but seems not. I don't have any real problem with duplicate topics. Just with vB5 overall.

I'd senn this documentation. There is almost nothing there.

Additional data from question marks is very shallow.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    How many topics do you have? Personally, I'd kill the process. Do you have a big problem with duplicate topics for some external reason? You generally shouldn't have to run those tools unless something has gone wrong.

Documentation: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html

Plus all the question marks in the AdminCP will give additional information if it is thought to be relevant.

Leave a comment:

• ibeauty
    started a topic What is wrong with "Remove duplicate topics..."?

What is wrong with "Remove duplicate topics..."?

There is something horribly wrong with it. I ran thin maintenance tool for third day (yesm 72 hours) and it still haven't finished!?

It says hundrets of line like:
    Skipping: 150546

but there is nothing more. Forum is an update from 3.8.x

Why don't you have any domentation?