X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    John Heisz

• John Heisz
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! That worked great. I still have other image related issues that are problematic - images showing up as tiny, as in the example above; some members unable to upload at all; getting invalid image errors. Are these known issues that will be corrected soon?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support

• Mark.B
    replied
    If you want to remove these without disabling the album functionality, you'll need to make a template edit.

In template: contententry_toolbar

Find this code:
    Code:
    <vb:if condition="!empty($allowTypePhoto)">
                <li class="b-toolbar__item js-button" title="{vb:phrase share_photos}" data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--gallery" tabindex="1">
                    <span class="b-icon b-icon__tool-camera"></span>
                </li>
            </vb:if>
            <vb:if condition="!empty($allowTypeLink)">
                <li class="b-toolbar__item js-button" title="{vb:phrase post_link}" data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--link" tabindex="1">
                    <span class="b-icon b-icon__tool-link"></span>
                </li>
    Comment it out, by adding the red code, like this:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#FF0000]<vb:comment>[/COLOR]<vb:if condition="!empty($allowTypePhoto)">
                <li class="b-toolbar__item js-button" title="{vb:phrase share_photos}" data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--gallery" tabindex="1">
                    <span class="b-icon b-icon__tool-camera"></span>
                </li>
            <vb:if condition="!empty($allowTypeLink)">
                <li class="b-toolbar__item js-button" title="{vb:phrase post_link}" data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--link" tabindex="1">
                    <span class="b-icon b-icon__tool-link"></span>
                </li>
            </vb:if>[COLOR=#FF0000]</vb:comment>[/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• John Heisz

• John Heisz
    replied
    Here's an example of a photo upload problem: http://www.ibuildit.ca/forums/forum/...old-hand-tools
    Another: http://www.ibuildit.ca/forums/forum/...=2135#post2135

This is about the only thing I can find through searches online and in this forum on the topic: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...76#post4022676
    It seems I'm not the only one with a problem. He mentions the link button problem too.
    John Heisz
    Last edited by John Heisz; Thu 4 Dec '14, 7:29am.

Leave a comment:

• John Heisz

• John Heisz
    commented on 's reply
    Like I said, the share photo button does not have an option for putting the image inline. The lightbox that opens when you click the thumbnail doesn't display the image fullsize, you have to right-click and select view image. I've had a number of image related problems from day one, including images that will not display bigger than a thumbnail and members that can't upload pictures at all.
    The link button, at least on my installation, does not place a complete link - as in the full path.
    Yes, I probably could remove the usergroup contenttype permissions from each usergroup, if I could find it. The thing is, I don't have hours to spend looking for something that should be easily found through a search or from the documentation. I went with Vbulletin, and specifically the most recent version, because it is supposed to be the best and easiest to use. Maybe someday, but it looks like there's a ways to go.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    What do you expect them to do exactly? I don't understand what you mean about a complete link. The photo icon, allows you to upload a gallery of images.

You can remove the usergroup contenttype permissions from each usergroup.

Leave a comment:

• John Heisz

• John Heisz
    started a topic Disable Share Photo Button And Link Button

Disable Share Photo Button And Link Button

Neither of these does what they should and it would be very helpful if they could be disabled. Another member in another thread said he disabled them, but didn't go into detail on how.
    My issue with the photo button is that it only posts the image as an attachment, not inline on the page. The link button does not drop a complete link.