Forum naming conventions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum naming conventions

Renamed 'Main Forum' to 'Site Related', but the URL still says 'main-forum'.

Also created a 'General' forum, but the URL is named 'general-aa'

Is this normal?
    Last edited by oldz442; Fri 23rd Nov '12, 11:18am.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No it's not, it's a horrible bug I'm afraid.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-6125

I had this on my vB5 sample site, www.talknewsuk.com. Hence it was me that logged the bug.

I'm afraid the current fix is some horrible manual database edits.

Depending on how far you've got, you might be better off deleting the channels (forums) you have set up and starting again.

Note: make sure you only delete the forums you created, don't remove the top level "Forum" channel and don't remove Blogs, groups etc.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

tx. I am keeping my testing to a minimum, and don't mind re-installing again, dropping the dbase, etc.

I already found out the hard way about deleting Forum, Blogs, Groups, Special from the Forum/Channel manager. It seemed totally confusing at first glance, and assumed they were just normal inactive default 'forums'.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by oldz442 View Post
        tx. I am keeping my testing to a minimum, and don't mind re-installing again, dropping the dbase, etc.

I already found out the hard way about deleting Forum, Blogs, Groups, Special from the Forum/Channel manager. It seemed totally confusing at first glance, and assumed they were just normal inactive default 'forums'.
        Yes, at the moment it's good to do a bit of testing before taking vB5 live. It has some interesting quirks.

Another good one is moving threads....there is an issue with the route not changing properly.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

As a workaround, you can select "Edit Page" in Site Builder while viewing the forum in question. When you save the page you can change the URL and Meta Information.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by oldz442 View Post
            Also created a 'General' forum, but the URL is named 'general-aa'
            Its normal if another called 'general' already exists, since the url has to be unique, vB sorts this out by appending '-aa'
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
              Its normal if another called 'general' already exists, since the url has to be unique, vB sorts this out by appending '-aa'
              Should really just append the nodeid or something instead, instead of AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                Should really just append the nodeid or something instead, instead of AA.
                Well I dont entirely disagree on that.
                Personally id have just gone general1, general2, general3 etc.
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment