Problem with upgrading 3.8.5 to 5.x beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with upgrading 3.8.5 to 5.x beta

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <error>Could not create file system directory to hold your attachment.</error>

Ok so after looking around it seems the issue is my attachement directy does not have proper permissions.

When doing vb5 i created a new folder say vb5 and installed it all in there. I don't have an attachement directlry yet do i?
    I now my vb4/attachment directory does have proper permissions.

Where should i put the new one if i need to make one /vb5/core/attachement ?
    Devilsown Water Injection
    Grand prix forum

Your 3.8.5 database will specify an attachment path. It should exist and be chmod 0777 when you run the upgrade.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

../vb4/attachment1

is whats in my db i 777 and chmod it reclusive and it still did not work

this worked fine with my previous version of vb do i need to change the path
      Grand prix forum

Comment

Is this directory in /core/? That is where it is going to look for it since you used ../ which means go up one directory and look for vb4. It would expect it in the /core/ directory. A better option would be to replace it with the full path from the root of the server before upgrading. Then it can be found from any location on the server.

Wayne Luke

Comment

/www/vb5/core/attachment1

Well i have the folder there too with all my data and its all 777 all folders reclusivly.
          Grand prix forum

Comment

This is what is is looking for: ../vb4/attachment1

Until it finds that path and it is writable, you will continue to get the error.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks for the help so far.

me removing the .. and puting in core/attachment1 fixed that. Now i have another issue.

Unexpected Text:
              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: is_dir() [<a href='function.is-dir'>function.is-dir</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/host:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in <b>/home/host/public_html/forums/core/vb/library/functions.php</b> on line <b>272</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: is_dir() [<a href='function.is-dir'>function.is-dir</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/host:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in <b>/home/host/public_html/forums/core/vb/library/functions.php</b> on line <b>272</b><br /> <br />
              Grand prix forum

Comment

Need to contact your hosting provider and have them put your site within the allowed path. Should be since /home/host is listed but for some reason it is throwing an error.

Wayne Luke

Comment

https://www.alcohol-injection.com/forum/

Got the software installed but its not showing so well.

my admin is showing me the all the files in the folder.

So i can't get into the admin area of the site its been one issue after another but i am getting farther.
                  Last edited by devilsown; Wed 21st Nov '12, 5:24pm.
                  Grand prix forum

Comment

Log in here once: https://www.alcohol-injection.com/forum/core/admincp/

Go to Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings

Set Store CSS as Files to No.

Also make sure to upload the .htaccess file included in the /upload folder of your package.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks that got my front side up and looking normal. My admin side still has no images or css styling having hitting F5

Yes i do have the .htaccess file uploaded i did have to put RewriteBase /forum/ in the file for it to work.
                      Any advice on getting the admin image/style

thanks again for your help this late at night.
                      Grand prix forum

Comment

For your AdminCP style go to Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details. Find the forum URL setting and add /core at the end of it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks very much for helping me out. Got it all up and i can see now what i am doing.
                          Grand prix forum

Comment

Originally posted by devilsown View Post
                            Thanks very much for helping me out. Got it all up and i can see now what i am doing.
                            Glad to hear it, enjoy vB5 and best of luck with your site.
                            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment