Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWhitaker
    replied
    I would really rather hide as it is not information I want displayed, even if it was fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Yes, my "hide" code was posted before we had a manual fix available...fixing is better than hiding.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You would be better making the fix Glenn mentions rather than hiding it - that way it'll actually work rather than be reset regularly.

Leave a comment:

• DWhitaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    Most users online is not yet fixed. What was done in 5.1.4 was some work on the two Who's Online modules.

Easiest thing for now is to hide it so it isn't displaying incorrect data:

Code:
    .wol-widget .widget-content > p + p { display: none; }

Is there a specific place in the CSS that this needs to be placed?

It doesnt seem to be hiding the "Most users ever online was at on ." line

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Mmm... so I see now that any time I log into Admin CP, it resets all of the "most users online". So instead of 873, I now see 75.... Why is that?

This really should be a priority to fix. This is something people see on the front page of almost every VB5 forum.
    That's exactly what I said here:

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    There is a JIRA that tells the cause of the resetting of max online user count is due to a code in AdminCP. It means that every time you access AdminCP, it resets the count.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14128

If you comment out the code block mentioned in the JIRA, the max online user count will not be reset. That's the temporary solution as we wait for this issue to be fixed.
    Comment out the code specified in the JIRA to temporarily solve the issue.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Mmm... so I see now that any time I log into Admin CP, it resets all of the "most users online". So instead of 873, I now see 75.... Why is that?
    Most likely due to this issue: VBV-13946. Currently it is planned to fix this with vB 5.1.7.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    commented on 's reply
    I am 5.1.5 now, and it most certainly is not working. Any time I log into Admin CP, it re-sets the "most users online". Yesterday, I had over 800 people at my forum. Today, it shows 87 as "most user online" after I logged into Admin CP. It re-sets it every time.

• Captain Atkin
    commented on 's reply
    Good question.

• Captain Atkin
    replied

This really should be a priority to fix. This is something people see on the front page of almost every VB5 forum.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; Fri 6th Mar '15, 8:07am.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    There is a JIRA that tells the cause of the resetting of max online user count is due to a code in AdminCP. It means that every time you access AdminCP, it resets the count.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14128

If you comment out the code block mentioned in the JIRA, the max online user count will not be reset. That's the temporary solution as we wait for this issue to be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    This still isn't working? I must say that this is the most annoying thing for me with VB5. It fudges the figures for my site.

If you can't get the "Most users ever online was..." to function properly, maybe it would be good to just remove that from the "What's Going On" section for now, until it gets fixed. My users want to see who is online, so hiding the box isn't good. At the same time, seeing that the most users online ever was "40" when the day before was "347" is annoying too. So maybe just remove the "Most users ever online was..." comment until it is fixed. Even adding a check box so that people can turn that feature off, while keeping the avatars of who is online on would be good.

Leave a comment:

• bbaxter51
    replied
    Found it, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jstear
    replied
    Originally posted by bbaxter51 View Post

Where exactly do I go to make this edit?
    In your additional.css file within your template editor.

Leave a comment:

• bbaxter51
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    Most users online is not yet fixed. What was done in 5.1.4 was some work on the two Who's Online modules.

Easiest thing for now is to hide it so it isn't displaying incorrect data:

Code:
    .wol-widget .widget-content > p + p { display: none; }
    Where exactly do I go to make this edit?

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    Yeah, it still isn't working. This morning it said that the most users online ever was 188, and now it is saying 68

Leave a comment: