User delted - editing legacy post not possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User delted - editing legacy post not possible

I have deleted my own user account and had no backup (please, no comments to this ) and I created a user account with the same name. No matter what user I use, I can not edit my old posts. I can edit, delete, move, do anything to any other posts on my site, except the ones I once created. Is there any way to make these post mine again or to make editing work again?

Is your new users a Super Administrator (has the userid entered into the /core/includes/config.php file to be one)?

The only way to make those 'old' posts belong to you would be to modify the database and change the userid on those posts to your new one (or change your new userid to be the same as the old one). That is something you would want to test on a test site though and make sure you do a database backup before trying.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Adding the user as a Super Admin in the config.php does not change the behaviour. My Super Admin is not able to change those posts as well.

Can anyone help me in changing the new user id to the old one?

Comment

If there's quite a few posts you're probably going to be better editing your userid to be the same as your old one, as Lynne suggested. Then you just need to rebuild the various counters in the admincp and the old posts should re-attach themselves to you.

Of course if you do this, the posts you've made with your new account will then need to have the userid changed to your new ones as well, but I'm guessing there are much fewer posts with the new userid than with the old.

Always make a backup of the database before making any of these changes so that if you mess up and makes things worse you can at least get back to where you are now.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

To add to what Mark said, it is STRONGLY suggested you test any database changes on a test site first and verify everything works correctly. Then do a database backup of your live site prior to running the same queries there.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks for helping me out here, but that should not work out. All nodes/posts that were created by the deleted user are now assigned to the "Guest" account with an id of "0". In the DB entry for the node there is no way I can see, who started the thread. The only way I would get back my old posts is running a script that would change the "userid" to my new userid. This would also assign all other Guest threads to me

For me it would be OK, if I only would be able to edit my old posts with my "superadmin", but this is not working, nothing happens when i click "edit". I guess this is a bug.

Comment

Is there any news on that issue?

Cannot edit posts created by a deleted user.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X