Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdminCP Showing As Directory

VBulletin Staff,

I just purchased a new version of VB5. I installed everything. Things are working okay on the front end, but the ACP shows as a directory. Attached is an image.

Please advise. Thank you!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Glenn379 View Post
    Things are working okay on the front end,
    Unfortunately they don't, there is some misconfiguration:

unable_to_contact_server_please_try_again

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

This is what I am seeing.
      Attached Files

Comment

Click on DIRECTORY or MY SUBSCRIPTIONS

What happens?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Do you have the .htaccess file uploaded from the files downloaded?
          Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
            Click on DIRECTORY or MY SUBSCRIPTIONS

What happens?
            I see it now.

Originally posted by soniceffect View Post
            Do you have the .htaccess file uploaded from the files downloaded?
            I don't see any .htaccess file IN the zipped files. I've searched for it by hand and through my spotlight and haven't found it. The vb5readme.html does say that it comes with a .htaccess file though. For those reasons, I'm confused.

EDIT: In the vb5readme.html it states that the following files are in the zip. I have everything except the .htaccess. I have no idea why but I've redownloaded the zip and had the same results

Download Package Contents

Presentation Layer

These folders and files are contained in the upload folder of your package.
            • admincp - Stub to the actual admincp. Contains img and js folder for things needed here. The vBulletin 5 Router will redirect you to where you need to be.
            • core - Contains the primary logic layer of vBulletin 5. This includes the API and all code that has not been rewritten. On a normal basis, you don't need to browse this folder and users will be excluded from here. Listed in more detail below
            • forumrunner - Code for the Forum Runner App and its custom API.
            • images - Presentation layer images.
            • includes - Primary PHP code for the presentation layer. This builds the pages and formats data and information received from the API.
            • js - javascript needed for the presentation layer.
            • .htaccess - mod_rewrite for Apache
            • config.php - Presentation config.php file. Tells the system how to connect with the API
            • index.php - Main router entry point for all pages and usage of the presentation layer.
            • License - vBulletin License Agreement
            • web.config - URL Rewrite commands for IIS. Similar to mod_rewrite.

So I have no idea why I don't have the file, but it certainly makes sense why it wouldn't be working. Any help obtaining the file would be much appreciated.
            Last edited by Glenn379; Fri 26 Oct '12, 4:44am.

Comment

You're on an OSX system correct?

If so, dot files are hidden by default so I would presume, because it was hidden, you didn't see it therefore it wasn't uploaded.
              Aakif Nazir

Comment

Originally posted by Aakif Nazir View Post
                You're on an OSX system correct?

If so, dot files are hidden by default so I would presume, because it was hidden, you didn't see it therefore it wasn't uploaded.
                I thought that might have been it too. I don't know how to unhide said file though. Pardon my apparent novice OSX use on this one.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Got it. It works. Apologies for the silly OSX trouble. I appreciate the support!

Comment

Not a problem. You'll need to open up Terminal and punch in this command:
                  Code:
                  defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true
                  It should show up after that allowing you to copy it to your server. One thing to note, you'll need to log out and log back in for it to take effect (So Finder applies the changes).

Once you're done and want to hide dot files use this command:
                  Code:
                  defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool false
                  Aakif Nazir

Comment

Generally, with OSX FTP clients, you can see hidden files without using Terminal, like Filezilla or Transmit.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment