New Registered User can't Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Registered User can't Post

I've done a fresh clean install of VB5, forums.compassclassroom.com, and new registered users can't seem to post. The "NEW TOPIC" button won't appear (as when I'm logged in as admin) nor can they reply or comment on other posts.

Any help?

Check their permissions.
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

What version have you installed? If you upgrade to the new Beta 15, does the issue continue?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        What version have you installed? If you upgrade to the new Beta 15, does the issue continue?
        are there instructions for upgrading from beta to beta... in this case vb5.14 to vb5.15?

Comment

Upload the new files and run /core/install/upgrade.php.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Upload the new files and run /core/install/upgrade.php.
            upload all the new files in the "upload" folder... OVERWRITING files and MERGING folders?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              upload all the new files in the "upload" folder... OVERWRITING files and folders?
              Yes.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Yes.
                Ok, I'm back... over the past few days I've successfully update from Beta 14 to 15 to 16

I've check through my Usergroup "Registered Users" and still can't get them to post new topics. The "+New Topic" button won't show up for them... and I can't figure out which box i'm missing to check (or uncheck)

Any help?

Comment

I believe there are some fixes related to this in Beta 17. All I can say is wait until it is released to the customer base. Probably early next week (don't hold me to that though).

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I believe there are some fixes related to this in Beta 17. All I can say is wait until it is released to the customer base. Probably early next week (don't hold me to that though).

What does that mean... it's coming out of beta sometime next week? Or Beta 17 will come out sometime next week? So currently no Registered Users can post to VB5?

Comment

Beta 17 will be the next release. Personally, I can't recreate this issue on multiple install on multiple servers. Our demo at http://www.vbulletin.com/demo does allow registered users to post. There are some bugs relating to Javascript that does affect some installations and those fixes are in Beta 17. As vBulletin 5 should not be running as a live production site at this time, this should have minimal impact until the fix is made available. Unfortunately, it is not a fix where we can say "Change this setting" and have it work.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ok, I'm back... over the past few days I've successfully update from Beta 14 to 15 to 16

I've check through my Usergroup "Registered Users" and still can't get them to post new topics. The "+New Topic" button won't show up for them... and I can't figure out which box i'm missing to check (or uncheck)

Any help?
                        Have you enabled email verification on registration?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Beta 17 will be the next release. Personally, I can't recreate this issue on multiple install on multiple servers. Our demo at http://www.vbulletin.com/demo does allow registered users to post. There are some bugs relating to Javascript that does affect some installations and those fixes are in Beta 17. As vBulletin 5 should not be running as a live production site at this time, this should have minimal impact until the fix is made available. Unfortunately, it is not a fix where we can say "Change this setting" and have it work.
                          Thanks... that clarifies

- - - Updated - - -

yes, enabled and all users are verified (clicked through).

Comment

yes, enabled and all users are verified (clicked through).
                            http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-5588

BTW, if you take the affected user account, and manually change the usergroups from something else and back to Register Users, the user is able to use the +New Topic button.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Hi,

I am having the same problem mentioned here. I am currently running beta 21. registered users do not see the +new topic button, nor do they see the reply box at the bottom of the page. I have already tried changing the usergroup back and forth a couple of times and have checked the usergroup permissions thoroughly. Nothing seems to work. I would appreciate a quick reply to this.

Comment