X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    If you no longer want the link, then yes.
    Okay I understand. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you no longer want the link, then yes.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    So what you may be saying is I have to restart the entire post if I ever use the link box. I have to delete and re-do the post. I don't understand this?

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Yes, the link is required. In your image above, there is no URL in the link box. You cannot save a Link post without a URL in the Add URL box. It doesn't matter what is in the text portion and that is actually completely optional.
    No I believe this is a legitimate error. I should explain I receive an HTTP 500 internal server error when trying to use the link box again.

You say it's required to leave the URL in the link box? Then can you explain why it has an "add link" button right next to it.... seems odd to me.

What I'm trying to tell you is there is no function to finish editing the post at all. Not only can I not edit the link, I cannot edit the entire post once the LINK box was used.

It won't let me add a link in the link box or in text at all. Then I receive a server error when I try to use the link box again.

Where it says "add link", There is no option to leave the URL in the box. You have to click add link and even that won't work.

This is going to become a problem for my members if I don't get this error fixed. It's a legitimate error. I may not have been clear enough the first time.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Yes, the link is required. In your image above, there is no URL in the link box. You cannot save a Link post without a URL in the Add URL box. It doesn't matter what is in the text portion and that is actually completely optional.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    The user is using the LINK type, a URL is required in the box. Once added, it can't be removed. A valid URL needs to be added to the Link box to save. If they do not want to add a Link, they should use the default text content type.

That seems a bit strange.

Does this mean he has to restart the entire post? I tried deleting the LINK type entry and placing the link with ordinary text and it gave me an HTTP error.

What your saying is once the link box is used, it is required to delete and restart the entire post?

If so I'd like to disable this feature. It's not necessary. All that is required to put a link on a forum post is typing the link itself.

Let me know what I can do going forward.

Also he did put a valid URL in the link box. It still did not work.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The user is using the LINK type, a URL is required in the box. Once added, it can't be removed. A valid URL needs to be added to the Link box to save. If they do not want to add a Link, they should use the default text content type.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    So anytime you edit any post, you get an Invalid URL error? Or is it only posts that have URLs in them? I'm not fully understanding the problem.
    It's when we edit posts that have URLs in them.

The problem is with editing URLs. It won't let you complete the post when editing URLs.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    So anytime you edit any post, you get an Invalid URL error? Or is it only posts that have URLs in them? I'm not fully understanding the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Is this happening to all users or just users in one usergroup? Is there anything in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)? What version of vB are you running (you should be running 5.1.3)? What version of PHP is on the server?

Okay. I'm on php version 5.4.21

I'm running mySQL version 5.5.40

All usergroups are being affected, not just one.

There was nothing that appeared in my error_logs on cpanel.

And I'm running the latest version vbulletin 5.1.3 (without the latest patch)

Appreciate any help on this.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Is this happening to all users or just users in one usergroup? Is there anything in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)? What version of vB are you running (you should be running 5.1.3)? What version of PHP is on the server?

Leave a comment:

• Users Receiving Invalid URL error when editing posts

My users are complaining about a URL error they are receiving while editing posts.

It says "Error. Please enter a valid URL"

I have a screenshot of the error.

Also when my friend edits the post and puts in the URL it either gives them this error or when it saves the URL it comes out incomplete after saving.

Let me know what I can do to fix this right away. Thank you.