Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: An unexpected error was returned: 'Duplicate route data: forum/restaurant\-hotel(?:/page(?P[0-9]+))?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: An unexpected error was returned: 'Duplicate route data: forum/restaurant\-hotel(?:/page(?P[0-9]+))?

Dear VB Team,
    Could you please help me to solve this problem : Error: An unexpected error was returned: 'Duplicate route data: forum/restaurant\-hotel(?:/page(?P [0-9]+))?
    I created 1 forum, and delete. And then create again with the same name but can not. Please kindly help me
    Thanks,
    Jon

Do you have multiple forums with duplicate names? If so, then you should rename one slightly.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by mrmckoy
      Hey Wayne, no I don't. I have some forums that start out the same way but are entirely unique.

Example:
      • Model Castings & Acting Auditions (Nationwide)
      • Model Castings & Acting Auditions (Metro Miami/Ft. Lauderdale & Florida!)
      I staeted a support thread here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...3-8-1-to-5-1-5
      The issue would be related to forums with the words industry and professionals.

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

It could be... trying to find out more information from the developers but that may take a day or two.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by jonaus View Post
          Dear VB Team,
          Could you please help me to solve this problem : Error: An unexpected error was returned: 'Duplicate route data: forum/restaurant\-hotel(?:/page(?P[0-9]+))?
          I created 1 forum, and delete. And then create again with the same name but can not. Please kindly help me
          Thanks,
          Jon
          Could you list the steps you took in more detail (please specify whether you created/deleted the forum via adminCP or site builder)? Did the first forum creation or deletion show any errors?

To see if the route still points to anything, could you run the following query:

SELECT prefix, class, arguments, nodeid, n.title, pagetemplateid, p.title
          FROM {TABLE_PREFIX}routenew AS r
          LEFT JOIN {TABLE_PREFIX}node AS n ON (r.routeid = n.routeid)
          LEFT JOIN {TABLE_PREFIX}page AS p ON (r.routeid = p.routeid)
          WHERE r.prefix LIKE "%restaurant%hotel%"
          AND class NOT IN('vB5_Route_Conversation', 'vB5_Route_Article')

If the route doesn't point to anything, it could be that the old route data wasn't properly deleted when the forum was deleted.

Comment

Your query would be:
            Code:
            SELECT prefix, class, arguments, nodeid, n.title, pagetemplateid, p.title
            FROM {TABLE_PREFIX}routenew AS r
            LEFT JOIN {TABLE_PREFIX}node AS n ON (r.routeid = n.routeid)
            LEFT JOIN {TABLE_PREFIX}page AS p ON (r.routeid = p.routeid)
            WHERE r.prefix LIKE "%industry%professionals%"
            AND class NOT IN('vB5_Route_Conversation', 'vB5_Route_Article')
            Could be the character set since it really only affects people with languages using a subset of UTF-8. I have a ticket where the content is in Arabic with the same problem.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Changing character collation can cause your forums to break on future upgrades as the upgrade system looks at the MYSQL defaults instead of the database ones. This will end up causing different fields to use different collations and can prevent your software working.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11617

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Well I've proposed for many years that vBulletin be fixed to handle issues like this. Full UTF-8 Support. Robust Installs and Upgrades. Proper Multi-byte support.

These issues around UTF-8 and non-european languages go back to the vBulletin 3 days and still exist today. I've always proposed fixing them.

In the meantime, you'll need to make sure your MySQL server defaults match your database defaults. If you're on shared hosting then that might be difficult. vBulletin will use the server defaults over the database defaults (another fix that is needed).

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Will pass it on. Going to distill this down into a JIRA and hopefully we can get the issue resolved once and for all.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment