Stylevar updates not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stylevar updates not updating

Is there currently a bug where using Style Variable Editor, changes don't take effect for 5.1.3 ?

No, they work fine. What seems to be the issue?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I created a child style under the default vb5 style and changes to the child style through the Style Variable Editor does not seem to change the child style at all. When said child style is set to no parent changes work.

Comment

Are you clicking Maintenance > Clear System Cache after changing the stylevars and then doing a Force Refresh in your browser page? Are you storing your CSS in the database or in the filesystem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          Are you clicking Maintenance > Clear System Cache after changing the stylevars and then doing a Force Refresh in your browser page? Are you storing your CSS in the database or in the filesystem?

The CSS must be stored in the DB since I have Store CSS Stylesheets as Files off. Clearing system cache and force refresh doesn't force changes.

When I turn on Store CSS Stylesheets as Files, Style Vars work as they should. Strange.
          Last edited by tuohymedia; Sun 2nd Nov '14, 6:02pm. Reason: further findings

Comment

Same problem, I face, but for fonts!
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/filed...ledataid=63608

Comment

I'm not editing themes on a production server and I don't advise anyone to. When working with vbulletin 5 and xampp on windows turning on Store CSS Stylesheets as Files seems to be a good workaround for me.

Comment