Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There was a bug with styles that prevented custom styles from being seen but editing the default style worked properly. This is supposed to be fixed in Beta 14.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-5245

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Strange as I've managed to change the background to the navbar and footer bar via StyleVars:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rh1.png
Views:	1
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	3690563

Name:	rh2.png
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	3690564

Leave a comment:

• Anton Wiklund
    replied
    Thank you for looking into this Trevor.

I had put the files in the wrong folder: images\
    They should go here: \core\images

Now they are showing in the actual skin, however they are not showing in the stylevar background preview..
    Last edited by Anton Wiklund; Thu 18th Oct '12, 5:37am.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Can you try importing your custom style over the default style instead of creating a new one - do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• Anton Wiklund
    replied
    apapterx My guess is that your image is loading fine, can you see it in the stylevar editor image preview?

I think the problems is that the default skin is using gradient sprites with css offset added to them (they have a "images/css" path).
    And when you put in a custom image (that dosent uses the offset css) the skin don't know where to place it, and there for it only shows the background color.

However I still dont know how you can use a custom image that's not a sprite/uses the "images/css" path, do you guys?

Name:	offset-image.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	3690555
    Last edited by Anton Wiklund; Wed 17th Oct '12, 6:29pm.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You cannot just place the path into the stylevar, you need to put in "url(path/to/image)" into the stylevar

Leave a comment:

• apapterx
    replied
    no i placed the above path into the stylevar click save and it displays no image.

Ignore the matter with the quotes that's irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you have it entered into the stylevar without quotes and the quotes are being added that is a bug. You're background shows up when then there are no quotes.

Leave a comment:

• apapterx
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Remove the quotes from your image declaration and it will work. The quotes are not needed.

url(images/bkbg_eva.jpg)
    lol i'm aware of that i was just quoting the path used. Any other suggestions

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Remove the quotes from your image declaration and it will work. The quotes are not needed.

url(images/bkbg_eva.jpg)

Leave a comment:

• apapterx
    replied
    www.eva-gaming.com

I'm changing the current image path located in theme -> Style Var -> body_bg_color -> Background Image

However it seems to be a problem through out vb5. i.e. when i try to add a image via directory in ranks i get "invalid file path" so i have to use the html tags instead.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Link please? And where exactly did you add the image path?

Leave a comment:

• apapterx
    started a topic editing the background

editing the background

I saw another topic relating to the background.

What my problem is i can't seem to get the background image to load. I'm using the path url("images/bkbg_eva.jpg") with no repeat also colour is transparent and it doesn't seem to be working, it just shows a white background.

Does anyone have any suggestions?