¿How to change host on vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¿How to change host on vBulletin?

Hi guys, I've done a migration by "ImpEx" my MyBB forum to vBulletin 4.2.

Then I upgraded to vBulletin 5.1.4

These changes have made a separate host and not to interrupt my main domain. Now I would like to know how to migrate my vBulletin 5.1.4 forum to my main host with my original domain.

Practically I want to move a vBulletin forum to another host in May where I will use another domain.

Please, do not send me the server change documentation because it is very extensive and my native language is not English, so I have trouble understanding that.

I guess I have to just move the files from my forum, upload my database and edit the config.php file with new data connection to my database, domain cookies and URL of the forum, right?

I am not so new to this, but I don't know a lot of vBulletin; however, that does not mean that the process of change host be different .

I hope your help, thank you very much, regards.
    Something

How can we not send you the server change documentation, when those are the exact instructions for moving server?
    There isn't a "quicker" way of doing it.

If you get stuck, let us know and we can try to help but there isn't an alternative version I could post up.

What you do need to remember, if you're also changing domains, is to update the URL settings in the AdminCP *before* moving, otherwise you'll have trouble when you move.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The last step BEFORE you move the files and database is to log into the Admin CP, go to Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

On this page you must update the Site URL, Login URL, and the Core URL. These have to be set to the values they will be on the new server, and they have to be exactly right else you will not be able to log in after the move.

Remember none of these ever end with a slash (/).

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        How can we not send you the server change documentation, when those are the exact instructions for moving server?
        There isn't a "quicker" way of doing it.

If you get stuck, let us know and we can try to help but there isn't an alternative version I could post up.

What you do need to remember, if you're also changing domains, is to update the URL settings in the AdminCP *before* moving, otherwise you'll have trouble when you move.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers
        The documentation is very extensive and suggests doing this by SSH which seems rather unnecessary when you can move the files using the "File Manager" and then load the database.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Joe D. so before export my database and the files of my host, i will set the configuration in admincp to the new URL of my forum.

Regards.
        Something

Comment

You should do this by SSH. Its the safest and most secure way to make sure everything was backed up and moved properly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X