• Show
Clear All

• Problem Installing vBulletin

Hey,

I've tried to install vBulletin 5.1.3 and I get this error:

Action Required
    Unexpected Text:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    Warning: tempnam(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/nuamro:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in .../vb/utilities.php on line 105
    Warning: file_put_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in .../vb/xml/import/theme.php on line 329
    Warning: getimagesize(): Filename cannot be empty in .../vb/xml/import/theme.php on line 339
    Warning: tempnam(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/nuamro:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in .../vb/utilities.php on line 105
    Warning: file_put_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in .../vb/xml/import/theme.php on line 329
    Warning: getimagesize(): Filename cannot be empty in .../vb/xml/import/theme.php on line 339
    <upgrade>
    <message replace="0"><![CDATA[Finished importing theme 'Blue Green'.]]></message>
    <startat>3</startat>
    <status>Status: Processing XML, Step 14 of 18</status>
    <longversion>final</longversion>
    <version>final</version>
    <nextstep>14</nextstep>
    </upgrade>
    What should I do?

There is a fix for this issue posted elsewhere. Can you try what Joe posts here:
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    In the /core/install/ folder, edit the index.php file.

On line 14, change it from

Code:
    chdir('./../');
    to
    Code:
    @chdir('./../');
    Re-save/upload the file and try again. This should be fixed in the next version, it is an issue only with IIS.

Do not use Windows Notepad to edit the files- download Notepad2 or Notepad++, both are free- they work similar to Notepad but won't damage the files.

Also since you are on IIS, after install you need to go to settings and set the Guest Cache time to 0 (zero) to disable it, that isn't available on IIS. If you don't do it guests will always be redirected to the forum homepage when they click on links.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Template Group: Ungrouped Templates 1Template Group: Ungrouped Templates 2Template Group: Ungrouped Templates 3Template Group: Ungrouped Templates 4Template Group: Ungrouped Templates 5Template Group: Ungrouped Templates 6Step 13 - Import DoneStep 14 - Import ThemesCreating a new Style called 'Blue Green'Template Group: CSSStatus: Aborted

I tried that and I still get the same error.
      Last edited by 4WD; Fri 17th Oct '14, 1:27pm.

Comment

Can you please put in a support ticket so we can look at this for you?
        http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport

We'll need ftp access, and the admincp login you created earlier in the install process.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          Can you please put in a support ticket so we can look at this for you?
          http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport

We'll need ftp access, and the admincp login you created earlier in the install process.
          Oh, really? Maybe you can look, I did that about 2-3 hours ago, but your colleague told me to write here, and guess what? She answered here, Lynne.
          But, I installed 5.1.4, because I really can't suffer your support, or maybe it's my mistake and it's just your colleague's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WD View Post

Oh, really? Maybe you can look, I did that about 2-3 hours ago, but your colleague told me to write here, and guess what? She answered here, Lynne.
            But, I installed 5.1.4, because I really can't suffer your support, or maybe it's my mistake and it's just your colleague's fault.
            Well, I was just offering to help, I can usually get an installation through that error. But I'm glad you have it working on 5.1.4.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate, to bad that your partners aren't like you.

Comment

I hadn't realised there had been any previous communication, I'm sorry for any confusion.

Comment

Your license does not have ticket support. Lynne told you correctly you are supposed to make support requests in the forum.

Once your issue is evaluated in the forum a rep may, at their option, ask you to create a ticket if we feel the ticket would likely be required (that is, we will need access to your site to solve the issue.)

You don't need to "pay" to get support- you only need to "pay" to get ticket support from the start- but I will point out that despite your license not having ticket support Lynne still went out of her way to provide you with the most likely solution to your problem FIRST in the ticket, before she told you to post in the forums.

Comment