Exporting User/Posts and categories/channels only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting User/Posts and categories/channels only

My previous installation had a lot of issues mostly due to my not being familiar with the software. I'm trying to figure out which tables to dump to get the user data, posts, and channel info from the database to import into the new one without polluting the new db with the old botched styles, templates, and settings mods I did on my old install.
    I have a shiny new empty installation that went over without a hitch and I'd like to get my users onto this installation. I know it can be done in SQL, I just don't know which tables.

Version 5.1.3

You basically can't do this. The database tables are not really linear, a lot of stuff is intermeshed and intertwined.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Recreating the users by id, categories and channels is trivial. There is no way to just grab the posts either I take it? An export data tool would be a nice feature to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicant View Post
        An export data tool would be a nice feature to implement.
        Not for this, it would be a massive waste of time. Nothing is actually wrong with your site. You are not a fan that the ids are not low, but that is not a reason to try to do foolery with the site. People did this a lot with impex, it was also a massive waste of time and massive loss of search engine indexing

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post

Not for this, it would be a massive waste of time. Nothing is actually wrong with your site. You are not a fan that the ids are not low, but that is not a reason to try to do foolery with the site. People did this a lot with impex, it was also a massive waste of time and massive loss of search engine indexing
          I have no idea what you mean by this statement marked in red. What I do know is, if I make any adjustment in my css_additional.css file, it crashes my css formatting throughout all the styles. I have broken templates. (looping). My fluid styles don't work. They did, but now they don't. And you say there is nothing wrong with my site.

Comment

Mark, if there is nothing I can do to move the data, what can I do to resolve the css issues and looping urls in my templates. I couldn't find any info in the manual for deleting templates, just creating them. As far as the css issues go, I need the fluid style to work because I have to use larger text for my eyesight and the editor in the fixed style is simply unusable. These two issues are really the main hangup I have right now. It would be nice to be able to use the css_additional.css file as well.

Comment

Creat a new style with no parent.

Comment

Thats what I did to get my system viewable again. It didn't solve the issues with the broken css though. I still cant make any changes or it breaks. I guess where I am most confused is, I have a stable test system, I spend time developing the test system adding things like tapatalk or whatever, I get everything configured and working but can't apply the changes to the production server. That makes no sense to me. If I switch the working test system over to the regular database where the data is, I lose all my changes upgrades, and addons? Am I missing something?

Comment

Are the URLs correct on the live server? In the admincp settings.

We might need a support ticket to take a look at your setup...could be something quite simple is wrong here.

Comment

The two installs are sitting on the same server, one in the forums directory and one in forum. I opened the admincp up side by side and compared settings. A couple were slightly different so I changed them to match with the appropriate directory. There was no change in the behaviour. One thing I noticed after you mentioned URLs, is my browser never completely loads while in admincp. Everything in the CP still works, but status bar says waiting for www.k5blazersplus.com while the test install does load and the cp icon displays in the tab. I also compared .htaccess in the forum root. Are there any other areas URL info is stored that I may have missed?

Here is a side by side display of the two installs. One the style is complete and the other not so much. http://www.k5blazersplus.com/images/Screenshot-6.png

The one on the right is the broken one.

Comment

Have you made sure that the config files for each instance have separate cookie prefixes?

There are two config files for each install, both config files on a single install should have the same prefix, but the prefixes cannot be the same across both installs.

Easiest way is to have one install use bb and the other use bb2.
                      But make sure BOTH files in each install have the same prefix.

Comment

The config.php in the root dir now matches the config.php in core/includes, although in the manual, it says the config.php in the root dir is there for compatability in ver 5.1.3 and no editing is necessary.

Comment

No editing of the front end file is generally necessary, however if you've two installations on the same domain you should have separate cookie paths, otherwise things can behave unexpectedly.

Comment

I have enabled the debug mode in the config.php for both installations to compare whats happening in the page rendering but have yet to see any debug info. Is there something else I need to do to get the debug info? From what I was reading, I thought it would be printed at the bottom of each page automatically.

Comment

Make sure you have enabled it in both config files.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X