Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Edit Conversation: Unexpected Error.." when trying to post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by viktor89 View Post
    I am seeing this issue, but my fix can't be to turn of post moderation. I want to moderate posts for all new members, so I've enabled "posts require moderation" for the defaul usergroup: registered users. Is there a way to fix the message box, so they see that they're awaiting moderation and not just an error?

I have a promotion for users at 50 posts, putting them in a new usergroup without the moderation requirement.

Thanks in advance.
    Please start your own thread with full details of the problem, so we can assist. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• viktor89
    replied
    I am seeing this issue, but my fix can't be to turn of post moderation. I want to moderate posts for all new members, so I've enabled "posts require moderation" for the defaul usergroup: registered users. Is there a way to fix the message box, so they see that they're awaiting moderation and not just an error?

I have a promotion for users at 50 posts, putting them in a new usergroup without the moderation requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    I responded to your ticket,
    Thanks, I know you did, thank you for your help.

For anyone else's benefit seeing a similar error message our problem was caused by the following; this is our test installation and at some point in Admincp, Usergroups, administrator usergroup, somebody switched "Require Moderation for Posts" to yes. Even though for registered users "Require Moderation for Posts" was set to "no", and "follow moderation rules" was set to yes that generated an error message. Given that administrators are registered users before they are administrators I'm surprised it caused an error message but it did.

The final answer to my support ticket was, "....This fixed the permission cache issue." For my benefit and anybody else's benefit if someone could explain to me what a "permission cache issue" is that would be great.

Where we are up to now is that we can post and reply without generating an error message; previously "topics needing moderation" was showing from admincp home and if I clicked on the link to the topics the link was broken. I've reported that as a bug. I still have at admincp home a message saying "Posts to Moderate 1" and if I click on this link this link is also broken but I'm guessing that will be picked up by the same bug fix. Curiously although "Posts to Moderate" says "1" I cannot see any posts needing moderation. If I go to Admincp, Moderation there is nothing under that menu other than "Moderate Users". So there's no way I can see to find out where on the site something needs moderating even though it's showing up in admincp home.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I responded to your ticket,

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    That seems to be the nodeid of the post you just created. Did you check if the post is being created anyway despite of the error?
    The post is being created despite the error but it needs to be approved.

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    replied
    You should upgrade to 5.1.3.
    So. Where I am up to is:

- I have upgraded my test site to 5.1.3
    - I have checked that the "registered user" usergroup has (a) require moderation set to "no", and (b) follow forum moderation rules set to "yes."
    - I have cleared out some of my old forums and usergroups
    - I have reset permissions in all the old forums
    - I have removed all the moderators from all the forums in the admincp: The list of "super moderators" remains in the show moderators section of channel manager, although I've shortened the list by removing some of the old usergroups.

Each time I log in to the site as a test user I still get the same error message as I got at the start of this thread. When I log back in as an admin I see from the admin control panel that there is a post needing to be approved, although I can't click through to posts needing moderation because the link to posts needing moderation from admin home does not work. However, if I go to the forum where I just tried to place the post as a test user, the post is there waiting to be approved. I can approve it or delete it.

If I try and post as an *admin" I don't get the error message. However, my post appears as "unapproved" and I then have to "approve" it.

So posts are appearing as unapproved despite the fact that the settings are set such that no moderation is required and follow forum moderation rules are set to yes. And this error message appears to relate to posting as a non-admin with the forum in this state.

We didn't have this problem in 4.2.2.PL1, we just upgraded the test installation from 4.2.2.PL1 to 5.x. So where is the mystery setting requiring approval of posts in 5.1.3?

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    replied
    Originally posted by magnusson2u View Post
    I have the same issue. I'm running the newest, VB 5.1.3.... I tried to create a thread in 1 of my forums and got this (However I can create threads in other forums:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n4165985[/ATTACH]
    It's an odd error message "Edit Conversation"....odd to be given something saying*"Edit* when all you are trying to do is to publish a *new* post or thread. Your "Edit Conversation" error message doesn't present the same way as mine though.

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    commented on 's reply
    For the benefit of anybody else reading this thread I got the following response to my bug report. "The Super Moderators list displays any and every user that is in an usergroup with the "Can Moderate All Forums (is Super Moderator)" usergroup permission set to Yes, which isn't necessarily just the Super Moderators usergroup (in fact, by default also the Administrators usergroup has that permission set to Yes)."

So essentially the list of supermoderators isn't a list of the supermoderators group.

• magnusson2u
    replied
    I have the same issue. I'm running the newest, VB 5.1.3.... I tried to create a thread in 1 of my forums and got this (However I can create threads in other forums:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 1.22.48 AM.png
Views:	35
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	4165985
    Last edited by magnusson2u; Mon 6 Oct '14, 9:31pm.

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    replied
    I just discovered something else that's odd whilst still trying to work out why my posts are moderated.

On my test site for historical reasons to do with what I was doing with the 4 series I have a number of super moderators. If I go to "admincp", "channel management", "show all moderators" that gives me three subsections, "last online", "super moderators" and "moderators". The moderators section is presently accurate as I just removed all the other moderators bar one to start testing again.

If I look in this section at the list of "supermoderators" I have 7 registered users listed as "supermoderators". However, if I then go to "admincp", "users", "search for users" choose only the supermoderators group and hit "search" that only brings up one supermoderator. I'm guessing that's a bug because I can't think of any logical reason for it.

Bug report here.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13707

On my test installation if I go to any of the individual user profiles for the users listed in the "super moderators" most of them don not have the box ticked for "super moderators" but they still appear in the list.

I think the list of "moderators" may be working and may be unaffected.
    Last edited by jdj; Mon 6 Oct '14, 9:24am.

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    commented on 's reply
    I still haven't tried the "can comment" settings, but I just upgrade to 5.1.3 and tried to reply to a test post as the administrator (user id. 1). It came up highlighted in green as "unapproved".

• jdj
    replied
    And will that fix all my problems? Can users create a topic or reply to a topic on an unmoderated forum without being given an error message in 5.1.3?

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    There was a bug I was thinking of that was fixed that did what you are saying, but it seems there are others still not fixed. Are either of these your issue?
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13525
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13436
    I don't know without testing the "can comment" setting. The issue we are having is that the other users on our test site can't reply or contribute even if we have moderation turned off. I haven't checked the "can comment" settings yet.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    There was a bug I was thinking of that was fixed that did what you are saying, but it seems there are others still not fixed. Are either of these your issue?
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13525
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13436

Leave a comment: