Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Edit Conversation: Unexpected Error.." when trying to post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I responded to your ticket,

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      I responded to your ticket,
      Thanks, I know you did, thank you for your help.

For anyone else's benefit seeing a similar error message our problem was caused by the following; this is our test installation and at some point in Admincp, Usergroups, administrator usergroup, somebody switched "Require Moderation for Posts" to yes. Even though for registered users "Require Moderation for Posts" was set to "no", and "follow moderation rules" was set to yes that generated an error message. Given that administrators are registered users before they are administrators I'm surprised it caused an error message but it did.

The final answer to my support ticket was, "....This fixed the permission cache issue." For my benefit and anybody else's benefit if someone could explain to me what a "permission cache issue" is that would be great.

Where we are up to now is that we can post and reply without generating an error message; previously "topics needing moderation" was showing from admincp home and if I clicked on the link to the topics the link was broken. I've reported that as a bug. I still have at admincp home a message saying "Posts to Moderate 1" and if I click on this link this link is also broken but I'm guessing that will be picked up by the same bug fix. Curiously although "Posts to Moderate" says "1" I cannot see any posts needing moderation. If I go to Admincp, Moderation there is nothing under that menu other than "Moderate Users". So there's no way I can see to find out where on the site something needs moderating even though it's showing up in admincp home.

Comment

I am seeing this issue, but my fix can't be to turn of post moderation. I want to moderate posts for all new members, so I've enabled "posts require moderation" for the defaul usergroup: registered users. Is there a way to fix the message box, so they see that they're awaiting moderation and not just an error?

I have a promotion for users at 50 posts, putting them in a new usergroup without the moderation requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by viktor89 View Post
          I am seeing this issue, but my fix can't be to turn of post moderation. I want to moderate posts for all new members, so I've enabled "posts require moderation" for the defaul usergroup: registered users. Is there a way to fix the message box, so they see that they're awaiting moderation and not just an error?

I have a promotion for users at 50 posts, putting them in a new usergroup without the moderation requirement.

Thanks in advance.
          Please start your own thread with full details of the problem, so we can assist. Thanks.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment