Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Questions Using vBulletin 5.1.3

Hello,

I have vBulletin 5.1.3 running on nginx. I used the stock nginx configuration file that came with the zip file and the forum software resolves properly. The issue I have is with running 3rd party software like phpMyAdmin and Mediawiki. Both URLs show up as invalid with the stock config file. So I added these two directives to nginx:

location /wiki {
    rewrite ^ /wiki/index.php;
    }

location /phpmyadmin {
    rewrite ^ /phpmyadmin/index.php;
    }

This seemed to solve the issue, however none of the images for either application can be found by the server. What do I need to add / adjust in the nginx.conf file to have images for these two apps?

The second question involves permissions for certain usergroups. Currently, Administrators and Moderators can post photos and videos to their profile by clicking on Profile -> Media -> Add Photo or Profile -> Media -> Add Video. Registered Users and a custom usergroup that I made based on them can only post videos, not photos. I checked in the Usergroup Manager under Create Permissions for each defective usergroup, and each has Can Create Photo Gallery and Can Create Photo ticked, as well as Can Create Video ticked but no luck. What do I need to do to allow Registered Users and my custom usergroup to post photos?

My third question involves a broken link to the Forum Home Page in the modcp in the top right-hand side. When hovering over the link, the target URL is: http://domain.com/core/.php
    How can I fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Fixed the Add Photo issue. I had to include a maximum height & width for those usergroups to be able to upload images.

Comment

For the first question, you would have to see what kind of support those apps give for NGINX. I can't see anything in our supplied vhosts file that redirects images.

For the last question, the ModCP is deprecated and currently has a number of issues. We do not plan on fixing these at this time. If you feel this is a priority fix you can submit it for bug review and if enough people consider it a problem we can review that status. Eventually the ModCP will be removed from the product and its remaining functionality will be incorporated into the front-end portion of the software.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        For the first question, you would have to see what kind of support those apps give for NGINX. I can't see anything in our supplied vhosts file that redirects images.
        These apps work fine on my local machine with a rudimentary nginx config. I'm quite sure it has to do with the vBulletin's stock nginx config that routes every request through itself:

# any request to not existing item gets redirected through routestring
        location / {
        if (!-f $request_filename) {
        rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php?routestring=$1 last;
        }
        }

I'll try adding something to the directive that ignores files ending in gif|jpeg|jpg|png and see if that works. I'll post results here.

As an aside, the "if" directive is not recommended by the people at nginx: http://wiki.nginx.org/Pitfalls#Check_IF_File_Exists

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        For the last question, the ModCP is deprecated and currently has a number of issues. We do not plan on fixing these at this time. If you feel this is a priority fix you can submit it for bug review and if enough people consider it a problem we can review that status. Eventually the ModCP will be removed from the product and its remaining functionality will be incorporated into the front-end portion of the software.
        Alright, that's fine. As long as it isn't something that will persist, I'll simply wait for the next iteration of vB.

Thanks again.

Comment

The solution to getting the images to display properly for 3rd party apps is quite simple. Here are the directives I should have used:

location /wiki {
          root /my/wiki/folder;
          }

location /phpmyadmin {
          root /my/phpmyadmin/folder;
          }

Hope this helps someone in a similar bind.

Comment