Rank file path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank file path

I am trying to put up a image to go along with a rank...what is the image path i should upload the image to..

in ACP in went to user ranks...i then went to add user rank, filed out the info it says the path is images/____ i upload the image to ev ery image directory there is. everyone says file path invalid. the only sucessful path is core/images________ but the image doesnt come up Ive tried different images nothing works.. whats wrong here??anyone

Comment

also i am using ..gd and have tried extensions jpg,png,and .gif

Comment

Try uploading it to the core/images path?

Comment

yeah I did that and it was the only path that said saved secessfully, but the pictures dont come up.

Comment

the size of the image is 150x150px and ans the server says its 40,675 file size, could there be a spot where i would need to raise the file size?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

It's not the size that's causing that, although that does seem large for a rank image.

I think you need to manually run the "update user titles and ranks" in AdminCP > Maintenance > General Update Tools
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I updated ( had it as 1000) and lowered it to 50 (smaller forum) updating or lowering the the number saved sucessfully but with a broken picture

Comment

Can you provide us with a link to see the issue at hand?

Comment

the link of the site is http://www.osras.org in core/images I have three example image files there......osrassponsortitle.png, osrassponsortitle.jpg, and osrassupportertitle.jpg

Comment

Try entering /core/images/osrassponsortitle.png as path.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Ranks should be uploaded to /core/images/ranks/ in order to use without a full URL. If you have them elsewhere, you need a complete URL such as:
                          http://www.osras.org/core/images/osrassponsortitle.png
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

i uploaded osrassponsortitle.png to /core/images/ranks/...
                            the paths i put in:
                            images/osrassponsortitle.png....save successfully broken pic
                            /core/images/osrassponsortitle.png..invalid file path
                            /core/images/ranks/osrassponsortitle.png...invalid file path
                            http://www.osras.org/core/images/osrassponsortitle.png....invalid file path

Comment

Solved! Thanks guys.

Comment