5.1.3 Groups not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.1.3 Groups not working?

I've been trying to get the groups section going. I can create the group, create the topic, invite users. Users join and can view the topic but cannot post to it. Under the first post is "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page", the user that started the topic shows as online (even though they are not), and the post reply button does nothing. A good example of what I am talking about is on this very forum under the groups tab. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/socia...ps#post4148099 . Is this a bug, permissions related, or is the groups function simply not working yet in 5.1.3?

Once I click the "Join" button, I can post on the link you provided. Are you sure the people have clicked the Join button?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

There is no Join link on the link I provided from this site, at least for me, however, there was a join link on my site that was "Joined" and it didn't make a difference.

Comment

You have a permissions issue somewhere, or the possibly owner of the group isn't letting people join.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I figured it was a permissions issue. I tried default values, and several others variations. The only way I was able to get the post to work was by manually elevating the registered user to a channel owner. I'm pretty sure that's not how it should work. I'll have to give it a go again.

Comment

I am still not able to post in a group, even my own. I don't think it is permission related. If I click on reply or "edit" for my post and then try to leave the page, I get a warning that I will lose any changes, like as if the editor was open but it doesn't show up.

Comment

Default languages, templates, phrases?

Comment

Languages are defaults, I changed the terms of use but reset to default while trouble shooting. Templates may be a different story since I've been experimenting with the style manager. After some reading, I thought maybe my custom styles were causing the issue even though I was using default style, so I removed those. After removing the custom styles, I now have no css formatting in the default or any other vb provided style. I think you nailed it on the templates. Is there a way to restore the default templates? 12 days, I think is a new record for me to break my new product.

update: The css and styles are working now, but still can't figure out the groups. I think the templates are the issue.
                Is there a way to restore the default templates?
                Last edited by Replicant; Wed 24 Sep '14, 11:03am.

Comment

Is there any way to restore the default templates or do i need to re-install. This situation has become a serious speed bump in the site development.

Comment

The "join" link is not in the thread. it's on the home page of the group itself.
                    You need to click that link first, after which you will be able to post in threads within the group.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

This is what I'm trying to explain. I created the group. It's my topic. The group shows as joined and I can't unjoin as myself. I cant edit my own post. I cant reply to my own post. Lower left hand corner shows "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	25
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	4155260

Comment