cant add png logo to my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant add png logo to my site

cant add png logo to my site. It meets the measurement requirements and it is small enough, the size is correct but it always gives an error when I try to upload the image. Also the image seems to be broken when I try to insert the logo with link.
    Please advise how to fix this ? Because I am using transparency I have to use png , and not jpg ?

Are you using a full url to the image with the link?
    Are you sure the logo is within the allowed attachment sizes for png?

Comment

Actually I just found out that I can not upload jpg either. I am using the full link to the pictures ; http://kagitvs.com/images/logolar/hobievi.png . You can see the jpg attached. They are all very small in size and not larger than 320 pxl wide.

Comment

Actually as I go through my forum, I see that none of the picture attachments on the messages are shown. They are all seen as broken image. I have updated to VBulletin 5, and could something went wrong on the update ?

Comment

My gut tells me you got a utf8 bom into your config.php files. Make sure they're saved as ASCII/ANSI text files with no UTF8 bom in them.

Comment

Well I have no idea what you are talşking about :? Could you please tell me how do I do that

Comment

I have exactly the same problem. Can not upload from PC or from unrelated web site. Seems the only way might be to rename the "images/misc/vbulletin5_logo.png" and then FTP the new image with the "old" name.

EDIT: Yup that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by DenizArs View Post
                Well I have no idea what you are talşking about :? Could you please tell me how do I do that
                Honestly the easiest way is to download a good code editor (never use Windows Notepad) - Notepad2 or Notepad++ are good for Windows users (and free.)

Then re-do both config.php files, although the front end /config.php.bkp file is not usually opened in an editor, just renamed to /config.php

It's the /core/includes/config.php.new file you need to get a fresh copy out of a vBulletin download zip, then copy all the database settings out of the old file. RENAME the old file config-old.php or the like, do not delete it until you are sure the new file works. Upload the new config.php to the /core/includes/ folder and see if the upload problems go away.

Comment