API Error on Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API Error on Search

Installed 5.1.4. Just did a search on my site for a 3 letter word (minimum length on my board is 4 characters) and got this error. Debugging is off on the board. You can test it out by searching at http://www.disaster.com/forums and typing in a search term < 4 characters. Any ideas?

Your criteria is not restrictive enough and might return too many results. Please restrict your criteria and try again.
    An error occured: Error API Error
    Error: criteria_not_restrictive
    Args:
    array ( 0 => array ( 'error' => 'ignored_search_keywords', 'ignored_words' => array ( 0 => 'uav', ), 'original_keywords' => 'uav', ), ) occurred in file /srv/www.disaster.com/forums/core/vb/api/search.php on line 1631

Yeah, its a bug but a minor one. We do an internal check on the search query to ensure that the critera is sufficiently restrictive that its going to do a node scan on the DB. We also try to do a bit friendly check on the Search Page before pushing the query into the sub system. It appears that you pass that check because you put something in the keywords box, but that's getting stripped out and then you are failing the second check because we haven't entered any *valid* keywords. The reality is that the query you posed isn't something that's a good idea to run against the DB so the system is chosing not to. Can you enter something in JIRA?
    Kevin

Comment

I'm not loving how the error exposes underlying filesystem structure. Any thoughts on how to suppress the text of the error?

Comment

Entered in JIRA here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13590
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yeah... I need to get a temporary fix on this so that we don't continue to expose the underlying file system structure to the outside world. Any thoughts?

Comment

Temporary fix by hiding via CSS (css_additional.css):

Code:
            .search-results-widget .widget-content .error + .error { display: none; }

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Thanks Glenn. The more permanent fix was turning off debug mode in the config.php file. I have NO idea how that got enabled.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X