Login Page Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Page Help

I am trying to create a landing page that essentially is an "enter here" link to my forum. I think this probably is website 101 stuff and not necessarily vBulletin specific, but after installing vBulletin I end up seeing this whenever I navigate to my domain...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-23 at 11.59.25 PM.png
Views:	72
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	4128739

So after I solve how to set-up an 'enter here' page I want that link to take the user to a vBulletin log in page like the one below. This log-in page below would be what someone sees if they navigate to "mydomain.com/forums/forum.php".

This does seem specific to vBulletin but I can't figure out how to create a log-in page like this.

The purpose of this page is to require people to register before viewing the forum. I know that's not the way most forums operate but I se that it is possible and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks again!
    -Chris

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-23 at 11.44.56 PM.png
Views:	97
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	4128741
    Attached Files

Chris,

vBulletin 5 was never intended to have a login-only page like VB4 does in the image you used. You should just link them to your main site /forum/ and create a "Notice" in Admin CP -> Noitces that is set only to display for Unregistered/Not Logged In users telling people they must register or login to view the site.

If you have permissions set correctly they will not see any real content but they will be able to use the "Sign Up" link at the top of the page.

That said if you really want to use the login page (that was intended to be used in a frame) the URL on your site would be: /foums/auth/login-form

If you go to it you will see it is a very basic form. (Here is the vb.com link to it: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/auth/login-form)

Comment

Joe D.
      Thanks for your help with this.
      Quick question regarding the /forums/auth/login-form
      Where would I insert this in order for the associated login page appear on my website?
      Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Double post, my apologies...

Per your recommendation, I did add the notice successfully for 'Unregistered/Not Logged In users' but...I could not find any permissions in the "Notice" in Admin CP -> that actually limits what an unregistered user would be able to access without registering.
        In other words the notice appears on my forum but the unregistered user can still navigate my entire forum.
        DO I have to set those permissions in another section of the Admin CP?
        Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisWebb View Post
          Double post, my apologies...

Per your recommendation, I did add the notice successfully for 'Unregistered/Not Logged In users' but...I could not find any permissions in the "Notice" in Admin CP -> that actually limits what an unregistered user would be able to access without registering.
          In other words the notice appears on my forum but the unregistered user can still navigate my entire forum.
          DO I have to set those permissions in another section of the Admin CP?
          Thanks again!
          I know I'm answering out of order but this seems like the bigger deal. Correct- permissions are not set in Notices. Permissions are set in Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Edit the "Unregistered / Not Logged In" group... Go down that page and set whatever you don't want them to see/do to "No." Make sure "This is Not a banned usergroup" remains YES else you will ban everyone and they will not be able to log in.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisWebb View Post
            Joe D.
            Thanks for your help with this.
            Quick question regarding the /forums/auth/login-form
            Where would I insert this in order for the associated login page appear on my website?
            Thanks again for your help.
            It was my understanding you were going to create an "entry page."

That entry page would be called index.html and be in your root / top level web directory.

On that page you would provide a link... something like-

HTML Code:
            <a href="/forums/auth/login-form">Click here to log into the forum.</a>
            That is where you would use that.

Comment

Joe D.
              Thanks for all of your directions. I've got it running properly thanks to you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X