Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small list of problems 5.1.2

Site name osras.org
    when a user logs in no problem, but if they click on "members" on the main navbar it goes to the member page, but the "login, signup" shows up on the top right as if they have to re login in. but if they click on another button they are still logged in. why does the login signup show up when the user is already logged in?

On the "articles" page if "Become A Sponsor" on the subnavbar is clicked this error comes up:

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

it has the same url as the other pages that click on "Become A Sponsor" that have no problem.?

Since you allow users to login to your site via both http://www.yoursite.com and just yoursite.com, then you MUST have your cookie domain (AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options > Cookie Domain) set to ".yoursite.com" (no quotes, but note the period at the beginning) or your users will have problems. Also, make sure to tell your users to click the Remember Me button when they login. You will probably need to clear your browser cookies after making this change.

Your link for Become a Sponsor is incorrect. It is showing as "http://www.osras.org/http:www.osras.org/sponsorship" and that is why you are getting the Invalid Page URL.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

i went to cookie domain and set the customized setting to .osras.org then cleared the cookies no it wont let anyone login including me as administrator . where did you find that double become a sponsor link so i can fix it?

Comment

i cant even get into sitebuilder

Comment

You didn't set the cookie domain to ".osras.com", you set it to "osras.com".

Do you have the same cookie prefix set in both of your config.php files?

The link is in your page source.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

wayne installed it for me so i assume it was done right. what do i do now???

Comment

Originally posted by osras1 View Post
              wayne installed it for me so i assume it was done right. what do i do now???
              In your ACP do as Lynne told you:
              Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              You didn't set the cookie domain to ".osras.com", you set it to "osras.com".

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

i cant get to my admin control panel it wont let me login

Comment

how can i change the cookie domain if i cant get into mt admin panel?

Comment

Follow these steps.

1) Upload tools.php from your "do_not_upload" folder. This should go into your /core/admincp directory. Also upload the /core/install folder

2) Load this in your browser by going to: yourforums/core/admincp/tools.php

3) Enter your customer ID.

4) Click on Reset Cookie Path and Reset Cookie Domain.

5) Delete tools.php from your server. Delete the install folder from your server.

6) See if you can login.

If you can, you can then set the cookie domain correctly.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

when i load in to my browser yourforums/core/admincp/tools.php.. two vBulletin mods come up?

Comment

everything is all screwed up now..i need help

Comment

You should probably raise a support ticket....not much else we can do in the forums, we are goings o need to look at your setup.
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

click on submit ticket at the footer below

Comment