No announcement yet.

Uploaded images are broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm betting there is a bom in one of the files you have edited. Make sure that you save the config.php files as anything but UTF8 really. They're supposed to be ASCII encoded text files.

Comment

Thank you for the response.

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Try settings AdminCP > Settings > Options > Image Options > Image Library to none and then upload a jpeg image and see if you have problems.
      This did not work, weirdly, which makes me assume it might be a host issue?

Do you have suhosin or mod_security on the server?
      I put a code to disable suhosin in the init.php directory and restarted Apache. Nothing changed.
      Mod_security was not installed.

Is you cookie prefix exactly the same in both config.php files?
      Both cookie prefixes are 'bb'.

Did you make sure to use a plain text editor such as notepad++ when editing the config.php files (if not, you could have a BOM in there causing issues)?
      Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      I'm betting there is a bom in one of the files you have edited. Make sure that you save the config.php files as anything but UTF8 really. They're supposed to be ASCII encoded text files.
      I used Notepad++ for the config files, with the encoding default as: Encode in UTF-8 without BOM.
      Would you recommend using a new config.php file to be sure?

Update: I tried using a non-related script about five minutes ago, in which I tried uploading a logo. The logo filepath was created but the logo was not uploaded. Do you think this would mean a server-side issue? If so, where would be the best place to troubleshoot (other than the server host)?

Best Regards.

Comment

Attached is a very simple file upload script I found on Stack Oveflow.

Create a new empty directory on your server.
        Unzip the file and upload the simple_upload.php file to your server.
        Browse to it in your browser.
        The first screen you must enter the password: pass123
        The next screen you can choose a file and upload it.
        Make sure you are in an empty directry because uploading will overwrite an existing file of the same name.
        After upload, check if file exists/works.

This is the most simple PHP upload you will find and can determine if the problem lies on the server level for sure.

DELETE THE SCRIPT when you are done testing- you do not want such a script live on your site.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the response.
          Having attempted to upload a file via this script, I can confirm that the issue more than likely lies with PHP's configuration itself, and not with vBulletin.
          I shall look into this further from appropriate websites.

Thank you very much for all the assistance.
          Best Regards.

Comment