Additional Layouts????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Layouts????

So...I'm trying to learn this...and I'm trying hard NOT to post silly question.....I have upgraded from version 4....and trying to get version 5 going?????

So...I go to make a new page...and I notice I have 3 layouts....FULL....small to the left....small to the right.

IS THAT ALL my choices????

What if I wanted a small to the left and a small to the right and a wide section down the middle???

How can I make my own LAYOUT?????

LET ME KNOW????

Kirk

????

Comment

Well?? It seems like such an easy and natural question. But the silence on this is deafening!!!!!

Comment

I do not know how many times I have to ask this??? SEEMS like a logical question??? what if I wanted 3 columns? A wide one in the middle and 2 skinny ones on the ends......that is NOT one of my choices......can I MAKE MY OWN???? IS it something that can be done??? HELP????? Where is all the help lately?????

Comment

It used to be you could ask a question here and BINGO....in less than a minute it seemed you would have an answer.....I even got answers like....DUH...do a search...but I was never ignored????

What gives????

Kirk

Comment

Originally posted by voclain View Post
            I notice I have 3 layouts....FULL....small to the left....small to the right.

IS THAT ALL my choices????
            Yes, currently those 3 layouts are all you can choose from.

What if I wanted a small to the left and a small to the right and a wide section down the middle???
            You can wait for vB 5.1.4. In this future release 3-column page layouts will be implemented:
            http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1304

How can I make my own LAYOUT?????
            This can't be done with a few clicks in Site Builder or in the AdminCP. I assume it is possible with custom coding, but that is not my cup of tea since I am no developer.

Comment

I have started the DOWNGRADE process.....I am doing a restore NOW as we speak to version 4...before I upgraded....version 5 is "IN MY OPINION" still in Beta......too many holes!!!! Too many missing links....it is simply not complete.

I must say...and I am NOT this kind of person....but....I have been very, very loyal to VB all these years...since 2002....coming up on 13 years!!!! And in all that time I have been MOST impressed with everything they have done. I do see the "ADVANTAGE" of version 5...and I do think that one day it will be AWESOME....but I feel they rushed it's release....they put a product on the market that was NOT READY.....and I am the one who suffers....or....should I say my POCKET BOOK suffered.

Maybe this was their master plan...to get a bunch of us to pay so they can then continue to develop it......

I feel I have wasted my money.....

Kirk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X