Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating users via the database

Hey

I run a site with it's own account system. Using the information visitors provide when signing up for my site, I would also like to create a vBulletin account for them on our forums; removing the need for more forms and activation emails. Account creation seems straight-forward enough, however I have run into one small hitch. Nowhere in the user table's field list can I find anything even remotely related to "password".

Where in the database password stored and what encryption is used?

Thanks in advance!

fyi I'm using vB 5.0x

~Rob

My best guess would be that it is hashed as the secret in the user-table. But as i suppose others will say; Do not do anything directly in the database. Use mods or an API to implement the functions you need. I suppose the salting and hashing of the password would be a problem as well, as i guess that is done by vBulletin and not the default database hasing.

Comment

This isn't something we can provide support for....you can try asking on www.vbulletin.org, the modification and customisation site.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X