Create Homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Homepage

I'm looking to create a homepage for a new install of vb5 and would like the url to land there. Currently the forums page is on the main domain, how do I change forums to /forums and use the main domain landing for a homepage? Hope that makes sense

Using sitebuilder, you would first rename the forum page to something else. It is just called '/' by default. Do not use the word forum as that is already used elsewhere, call it boards or something.
    Then, rename your custom page to the same as the forums page used to be: '/'
    Last edited by Mark.B; Thu 21st Aug '14, 12:52pm.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Many thanks. Is it as easy as renaming in sitebuilder? I did think of just putting a forward slash and forums but wasn't too sure it'd stick. Also, is it now possible to delete pages created? ie, can I make a page called "test" and then delete it? I recall in earlier versions that it wasn't possible to delete pages...

Comment

Currently you cannot delete custom pages, though this is due to be added in a forthcoming release.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            Using sitebuilder, you would first rename the forum page to something else. It is just called '/' by default. Font' use the word forum as that is already used elsewhere, call it boards or something.
            Then, rename your custom page to the same as the forums page used to be: '/'
            I think I am asking the same thing. When I open the site it goes to forums instead of home. Do I edit the home page then save page and change the name there?

Comment

I changed the forum page first. Click save page then add the url /whatever. Then create page and save it as / . After that, update your navigation manager.

Comment

I still cant get my home page to show up first instead of forums.
                Iknow I sound stupid but can you explain again..this is how it is now:

HOME PAGE

page name '/'
                url http://osras.org/home
                meta vbulletin home

FORUMS PAGE

page name boards
                url http://osras.org/forums
                meta Forum Description

NAVBAR

Home Forums Articles Sponsors

what am I doing wrong? \thanks

Comment

Originally posted by osras1 View Post

HOME PAGE

page name '/'
                  url http://osras.org/home
                  meta vbulletin home
                  You should call the page name Home and change the url to just the slash /

Comment

I changed the home page

page name home
                    url http://osras.org/

still no change

Comment

I tried this and really messed things up!!!

I changed my forums to forum
                      then my home page left that line blank

My forum went away!! and I can't even click on my home page :-(( I tried to add a channel module not know what I should do... oh it's really messed up!! Please help!!

Update: Got my forums looking right again! Yay! But I still can't open my home page.... just keeps going to forums page. Any quick fix for this? Should I just get rid of it under the Navigation Bar and create a new one? or is there something I can type in there to redirect it back to itself?
                      Last edited by [email protected]; Thu 21st Aug '14, 2:04pm.
                      website

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        I tried this and really messed things up!!!

I changed my forms to forum
                        then my home page left that line blank

My forum went away!! and I can't even click on my home page :-(( I tried to add a channel module not know what I should do... oh it's really messed up!! Please help!!
                        You can't call it /forum, it states that in my post.

Rename it to something else, like /boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

You can't call it /forum, it states that in my post.

Rename it to something else, like /boards.

That part is ok now, just need my Home page to point to my home page not keep sending to the forums page... at least for now, one step at a time.
                          Last edited by [email protected]; Thu 21st Aug '14, 10:51pm.
                          website

Comment

I still need help here. I created a Home page but when you click on it, it puts you on the Forum page. It won't open the home page.
                            website

Comment

HELP! Please go to my forum and try to click on the home page.... it won't open! What can I do to fix this? www.volusiapost.com
                              website

Comment