vBulletin Test Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Test Script

I have downloaded 5.1.1 but not yet installed, still trying to verify my server meets the minimum requirements in the vb5readme.html. After downloading and putting the server test script vb_test.php on my server, it is saying there is a database connection error.

Database Connection Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysqld.sock' (2)
    Using phpMyAdmin I find I have MySQL version 5.1.73, so that means I must be entering the information incorrectly. I believe the error message should say the port is /tmp/mysql5.sock and not mysqld, is that the problem?

I tried the default localhost but that didn't work.
    I tried entering localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock but that didn't work.

I have a working version of vbulletin 3.8 and copied the database name/password so shouldn't be any errors elsewhere.
    OnlineConversion.com

You may need to ask your host what the servername for your mysql server is as it isn't always localhost, sometimes it is an IP or a domain.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

But if its the correct servername in my working vb 3.8 then wouldn't that be the correct servername to enter into the vb server test script?
      OnlineConversion.com

Comment

If the test script is uploaded to the same directory that your vb3 site is in, then you should be able to enter all the same information to connect to your database that you use for your vb3 site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X