Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It is best if you open a new topic for this issue.

Leave a comment:

• lange
    replied
    After two rank updates, the ranks no longer updates. I tried everything: waited 10 minutes, cleared the cache, executed the promotion task.

I'll test again on a fresh database and will give you a feedkack.

Leave a comment:

• Hummie
    replied
    That is not the way it used to work. It promoted them every ten minutes after their first post or if I did it manually, it did it immediately.

I will take time to register a fake user to see how it works from the user end.

Oh, and I had someone post this morning without being on moderation . . a brand new account. First time ever for that to happen for me. I've made no changes.
    These forum gremlins and all the issues I"m having are driving me batty.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Users won't get promoted if they haven't been on since the last time the promotion system ran.

Leave a comment:

• Hummie
    replied
    I did see one promotion work (I think), but it took time to show up.
    They were working before the upgrade and I checked and the settings look okay.

As indicated, I am manually running the general update tool for post ranks, but it is not working completely.

I did a test to make sure it was not the images. I removed the rank image and replaced it with text. I ran the general update tool for post ranks. The users prior to the upgrade all changed. The new users from today did not change.

Maybe this information will help you help me.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Need to see how your usergroups and promotion is set up in order to know why it isn't working as expected.

Post Ranks need to be updated manually at the moment. There should be a fix coming.

Leave a comment:

• Hummie
    started a topic User Rank and Promotions Not Working

User Rank and Promotions Not Working

Here I am again, posting another problem after recently upgrading to vB5. This is getting rather frustrating. Especially since no one has answered my questions in threads yet. Is there customer service here? I did pay a lot of money for this.

Anyway, I'm making a list of my problems and will do a support ticket or whatever after a few days of trying to figure it all out myself.

This problem for this thread . . .

I have a user promotion set that when they have one approved post, it promotes them to another user group where they have more priveleges.

Even when I run manually run the scheduled promotion task, it does not update the user group.
    So I manually change the user group, which should put a user rank in their postbit info section, but that icon never shows up.
    So I manually run the general update tool for the user rank and it still does not show up.
    All the old user ranks are showing in the forum.

This may be related to the same problem I posted in another thread with images. The post icons are showing in the admin and in the edit/compose boxes, but they are not showing in the forum.