Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to export site builder current settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibeauty
    replied
    Looks like you don't suport anything. There are so many flaws in this software. Why do you do this to your customers. You should at lest honestly warn that vB5 is unfinished and it won't be for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    We cannot support any manual exporting of MySQL data.
    The system was simply not designed to allow import and export of module configurations, only styling.

Leave a comment:

• waljtd
    replied
    I've added widgets, and modified existing ones to match the theme. Yes I've used css_additional but that means nothing if I have to re-import a database, then apply(import) the theme/style etc to the new vb5 site and it has none of the widget manipulation I did to achieve it. Just seems like this hasn't been thought through very well. Am I right in assuming that the database tables widget* would be enough to export/import as SQL to cover the differences from the default (for instance, number of max pages reset from default to 999)?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You can export the actual forum style, yes.
    Site Builder is styles with CSS, so if you are using the css_additional template to achieve this, it would be exported with the style.

What you cannot do is export module configurations etc.

Leave a comment:

• waljtd
    replied
    So that's it, no means to move this along, and no real response to the OP question? Does that mean that once I've styled a vb5 theme and also set/used the Site Builder to create the layouts that I need, I then have to spend upwards of several hours to manually redo the widgets to match what I need? Surely there has to be a way (even telling us the database tables into which this info is stored so we can use SQL) would be at least a minimal assist...?

Leave a comment:

• ibeauty
    replied
    Layout, navigation, everything! Whatever I could.

Point is that you had template system that could be exported pretty easily. Now I don't know if that is even possible with site builder.
    Last edited by ibeauty; Wed 25 Jun '14, 1:41am.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    There is no option to export Site Builder settings- but what exactly are you trying to export- like navigation bar entries? custom modules?

Leave a comment:

• ibeauty
    started a topic How to export site builder current settings?

How to export site builder current settings?

As in title. Is it even possible? I can't find anywhere info about this.