issues i found in vb 5.1.2beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues i found in vb 5.1.2beta

i recently upgraded to 5.1.2 and i must say the added theme and style is really cool.

however since the upgrade members are now getting notification for every post even when they did not subscribed for the forum.

Additionally, the conversation module does not default to "post". it just default to latest activity irrespective of what is selected.

of course i know its a beta version.

Are the users getting notifications moderators?
    What did you upgrade from?
    Can you please make sure to report the conversation module issue?

Comment

Originally posted by kehindelawal View Post
      i recently upgraded to 5.1.2 and i must say the added theme and style is really cool.

however since the upgrade members are now getting notification for every post even when they did not subscribed for the forum.

Additionally, the conversation module does not default to "post". it just default to latest activity irrespective of what is selected.

of course i know its a beta version.
      Thanks for this....Which module is this, specifically?
      I will go and test on my demo board.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

thanks for the reply. it was the administrators getting notices. I fix that by changing permission.
        the module is the conversation module and this happens in all the forums.

I hope I have been clear. I upgrade from 5.1.1.

aside question; my forum structure is quite large(stocks). am thinking of creating a simple xml file for it. is there a way I can automatically import this file to recreate the forum for instance if I need to do a fresh install. thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no supported way of importing/exporting forum structure.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kehindelawal View Post
              thanks for the reply. it was the administrators getting notices. I fix that by changing permission.
              the module is the conversation module and this happens in all the forums.
              We upgraded from 5.1.0 to 5.1.2. Patch Level 2.

We are getting the admin/super mod notices everytime a topic is made. How exactly did you fix this? What permission needed to be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by CieGames View Post
                We upgraded from 5.1.0 to 5.1.2. Patch Level 2. We are getting the admin/super mod notices everytime a topic is made. How exactly did you fix this? What permission needed to be changed.
                Please start your own topic with full details of the issue and well try to help, thanks.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment