Item Detail page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Item Detail page

Is there a way in the header/footer to determine if the currently viewed page is a detail page or the homepage of forums/blogs/articles/etc? I need to render a javascript only on item detail pages (such as this page) but not on module homepages.

TIA

Check via javascript if the div that has a class of conversation-content-widget exists. If it does, it is on the conversation detail page of forum/blogs/groups/articles.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Or if you want it to detect it from the template, you can try this in the footer.

Code:
      <vb:if condition="$page['templatetitle'] == 'Default Conversation Page Template'">
          <vb:comment>insert javascript</vb:comment>
          <script type="text/javascript">
          </script>
      </vb:if>
      For debugging purposes, you can add this:

Code:
      {vb:debugvardump page}
      You may also find other identifying data for conversation detail page that could be better than 'templatetitle' from that info.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Hey thanks! I placed the code in the footer template and noticed that it works as expected for only Forums and Blogs but not Groups and Articles:

Code:
        <vb:if condition="$page['templatetitle'] == 'Default Conversation Page Template'">
        I could live with it not rendering on Groups for now but rendering it on Article detail pages is very important. I wish vB had some kind of variable set to indicate the page as a detail one.

Any other bright ideas ?

Comment

Place the debugvardump code in the footer and then load the article detail page and check what the templatetitle says.

Comment

That's brilliant! It uses the same templatetitle for Forums & Blogs but different values for Groups & Articles = a total of 3 different values.

I have just one more question: How do I refer to global variables and global constants in templates? I tried the following but it does not work:

Code:
            <vb:if condition="$GLOBALS['AltCSS']">
            TIA

Comment

You mean access the global variables and constants declared in the PHP code from the template? I don't think you can. What is it you want to access?

Can't you use the config settings? For example

Code:
              <vb:if condition="$config->debug">
              Or the vB Options

Code:
              <vb:if condition="$vboptions['facebookactive']">

Comment

I was able to resolve my issue by moving my var into config.

Thanks!

Comment

Oops, I was mistaken. I resolved another bug in a different way.

The one I'm up to resolving now is not debug-dependent. It needs to drive off another public var set in PHP code. How do I move this new public var into $config so I can reference it in templates? Do I place it in the 'Misc' element or a new element on its own:

Code:
                  $config[ 'Misc' ]['var'] = $value;
                  and reference it in templates:

Code:
                  <vb:if condition="$config->var">
                  OR:
                  Code:
                  <vb:if condition="$config->Misc->var">
                  OR:
                  Code:
                  $config[ 'my' ]['var'] = $value;

Code:
                  <vb:if condition="$config->my->var">
                  Which one works?

TIA

Comment

I'm noticing something buggy behavior on this site - when I edit a post and save it again and again, it does not get saved later on. Tried refreshing the page too - changes did not get saved.

Comment

Ok, I nailed it. At least, I found a bug saving edits in 5.1.12 beta 1

Comment

I tried fixing the typo 5.1.12 to 5.1.2 but it does not save changes. Using Chrome.

Comment