Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing login background colour

Hey guys,
    I want to change my login background colour darker to see my vanilla front since it's hard to see and difficult to read.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	7
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	4065463

Can someone please send me details on how to change this because I have been trying to find it in the style area but no luck unfortunately (I'm new to this sorry).

I'm currently running vBulletin 5.1.1

Thanks guys,

DigoAlmino

In the absence of a stylevar that should have been used for the background, the fix would have been to add this in css_additional.css template

Code:
    #idLoginPage {
        background: #000; /* change color accordingly */
    }
    but it seems that the login page does not use css_additional.css as what the rest of the pages do. That's a bug.

So for the actual fix, you need to modify css_login.css template and change the one in red.

Code:
    #idLoginPage {
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        background: #F1F1F1;
        overflow: hidden;
        min-width: 0;
        color:#1B1B1B;
        font-size:12px;
    }

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Thanks Glenn, yea I was just wondering if it was a bug. I hope it's isn't any hassle I got a other issue and that one is the little tab for changing avatars/editing while on your profile page. It was suppose to be blue like all the other vBulletin 5 version but this one has changed it all white for some reason.

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	34
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	4066978

Do you have any idea why it's causing this? Because I can't find a dam thing on it mate. Hope you can help with this last issue Glenn.

Cheers,

DigoAlmino

Comment

Did you change the side_nav_number_messages_color stylevar to white?

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

No I didn't Glenn, It started to happen when I updated to version 5.1.1 all previous version where always the default colour with the text in the square.

But i fixed it just then thanks to you man cheers.

Comment

Hey, I am also trying to change the colour, but all I can do is to change the colour around the forms.
            I want to colourize the whole dropdown which opens when i click "sign in or register". Right now, it wont change the border around the forms.

Further, how can I get rid of the slider on the right hand side?

Name:	login.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	4383569

Comment

This code will change the entire background of the dropdown -
              Code:
              #idLoginPage, #idLoginIframeContainer {
                  background: #1D350A;
              }
              You may have to play with CSS for the borders on the #idLoginIframeContainer if they bother you.

The scrolling is because you're using German. The only fix would be to search the templates for the iframe and make it larger.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                This code will change the entire background of the dropdown -
                [code]
                The scrolling is because you're using German. The only fix would be to search the templates for the iframe and make it larger.
                Usually the login box is without any scrolling, also in german language. There should another css which is causing that.
                vBulletin-Forum.de closed!

Comment

Can anybody tell me which template it is to edit the iframe?

Comment

The iframe tag is either in the header template or the top_menu_user template.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

In AdminCP > Styles > Search in Templates, you can search templates using some text that is within the template. In this case, you can search for "idLoginIframe" to find which template the login iframe is in.

Comment