how to place users automatic in newbee usergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to place users automatic in newbee usergroup

How can i select the user group where a new registerd user should be placed in.
    Could some one tell me that. All my new registerd users should placed in a new created usergroup newbee.

Make the registered usergroup (id2) the "newbie" group, and promote users out of it. It is far far easier to do it this way.

Comment

An example of a promotion scheme.

1. Create a new group for your members. These are members with posts you have approved or whatever criteria you want.

-- In your Admin CP go to Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup.
      -- At the top it says "Create Usergroup Based off of Usergroup" in the dropdown choose Registered Usergroup and then click Go if necessary.
      -- The page will reload.
      -- At the top it will say "Create Permissions Based off of Usergroup". Choose Registered here. If you have no custom permissions for the registered usergroup or it says none, just click the save button.
      -- Change the name to "Approved Registered"
      -- Edit the description if you wish.
      -- Save the Usergroup.

2. Setup a new Usergroup Promotion.
      -- In your Admin CP go to Usergroups -> Promotions
      -- Use these settings, where X is the number of approved posts that are required. I recommend 3 posts:
      Usergroup - Registered Users
      Reputation Comparison Type - Greater or Equal to
      Reputation Level - 0
      Days Registered - 0
      Posts - X
      Promotion Strategy - Posts
      Promotion Type - Primary Usergroup
      Move User to Usergroup - the group you created for approved members

3. Run the scheduled task for Usergroup Promotions.
      -- In your Admin CP go to Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager
      -- Click the "Run Now" button to the right of the Usergroup Promotions task.

Step 3 will move all your existing members to the new usergroup.

4. Finally remove you need to adjust the permissions of the Registered Usergroup so their posts and threads are moderated. Go to the Usergroup Manager and edit the registered usergroup.
      -- In your Admin CP go to Usergroup Manager -> Registered Usergroup -> Edit Usergroup -> Go.
      -- Set "Follow Forum Moderations Rules" to No.
      -- Click the SAVE button at the bottom of the form.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

ok i did not know that user after registration been placed in user group 2, the promotion i already setuped, so i made some changes and it is working.
        Thanks for the info

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X