Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Spam to members version vB 5.1.1

Hey Guys,

Since the new update came out, I straight away started to upgrade from 5.1.0 but now this new email notification is having a few issues with my site. I don't know if it's happening to some of you's but when some have subscribed to channels and they have notice it posts a email to them now. So they tried to turned it off so the spam will stop about latest new replies and topics. Unfortunately that didn't work and they are still coming through to their emails. I tried to disable all the email options in the AdminCP but still no good.

Is there a possible way to fix this or do they need to block the email and wait for a new update to vB5 to resolve this new recent activity email bot?

I have the same problem. Just that it appear to be limited to moderators and administrators. It doesn't matter if the setting is to only be through the message central or just one email a day. Each time there is a post, anywhere, it created an email.

As it is limited to "staff", I'm guessing it is a setting somewhere. But I haven't found one yet.

Comment

Do the users have User Settings > Notifications > Email Notifications set to "Off, through my Message Center only"?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        Do the users have User Settings > Notifications > Email Notifications set to "Off, through my Message Center only"?
        For the site I just upgraded to 5.1.1, yes. Some already had that setting, some changed to it after (including me, but I have since then also tried the "once a day" option with the same result).

Comment

Members should clear out all their subscriptions as well. Start with a clean sheet.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            Members should clear out all their subscriptions as well. Start with a clean sheet.
            Now, that is a very weird claim of what should be done, as quite a few might still want the notifications; just not as email notifications. If that had been the case, I have still considered it being a bug.

But for the sake of troubleshooting, I have tried it. I have cleared all subscriptions I had, I have unchecked all the boxes under Notifications, and it is set to "Off, through my Message Center only".

I am still getting email notifications.

Comment

Did you setup your email to be notified each time a new post/thread was made in the AdminCP, per channel?

Comment

Clearing out subscriptions does not seem to work.
                Once a subscription has been made, clearing it out does not seem to disable notifications coming in for it.
                We did some tests with that, along with the Moderator emails for new posts/topics. Disabling the Moderator post/topic setting immediately turned off those emails, however even after deleting all subscriptions, the subscription emails still come through.
                James
                I am Running VB5 5.5.2 Release

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  Did you setup your email to be notified each time a new post/thread was made in the AdminCP, per channel?
                  Is that fuction still around? Could not find it in vB5. But it helped me to find a suspected culprit. AdminCp -> Moderator Manager -> Change permission for each Super Moderator -> Email Preferences. They were set to "yes". Changing it to "no", but as it is past 1am here, I guess I won't have any traffic to check against for a few hours.

Comment

ITs a per channel/forum setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      ITs a per channel/forum setting.
                      For channel moderators, it has the setting for each channel they are moderators for. For Super moderators it is a global setting for all channels. All found under "AdminCp -> Channel Management -> Show All Moderators"

So this problem is solved for me.

But if you mean there is an option to set people to be notified per channel/forum as in vB4, without having to set up each person as a channel moderator, please point out where as I would like to put it to use.

Comment

Yea that did it Magnus, many thanks guys.

Cheers,
                        DigoAlmino

Comment