Another Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Issue

I am using 5.1.0 and have come across what is a very annoying issue.
    Try the following and see if you get the same result I am having ?

Edit Site > New Page> Choose Layout> Add "Static HTML" Module> Enter HTML in editor box> Save>Save>Save

View the page

Now to the same thing, only make a small edit to the HTML, then Save>Save>Save ( yes it is also annoying that you have to tell it to save three times!)

If like me when you get back to the display page you will have blank screen, the actual module has been deleted, so you have to go back into "Edit Page" and re-enter the Module and all the text.

Bad html will break site builder, and break your saves. Its a known issue sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      Bad html will break site builder, and break your saves. Its a known issue sadly.
      The HTML actually works :

http://www.premierleagueforum.co.uk/table

Comment

I just did exactly what you said to do. I create a new page, put an HTML Static Module on the page, entered your code (from <center> to </center>) into the textarea and Saved. Then I clicked to edit the page and just added the word "Edit" after "Manchester City" and saved and it shows just fine.

Are you sure when you edit it, that your html is still valid?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          I just did exactly what you said to do. I create a new page, put an HTML Static Module on the page, entered your code (from <center> to </center>) into the textarea and Saved. Then I clicked to edit the page and just added the word "Edit" after "Manchester City" and saved and it shows just fine.

Are you sure when you edit it, that your html is still valid?
          As sure as I can be !

Comment

This is the problem in real time,

Comment

The movie stops before you have even saved the page once.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

The movie stops before you have even saved the page once.
                Try this one, I'm only using the trial version of the capture software and didn't realise it limited you to 1:30secs per video.

Please note also that the Static HTML module cannot be placed where it is wanted on the page, it has to be placed elsewhere then dragged to the required place.

Comment

The module may only be 'dropped' on a 'red' area on the screen. You can see the red area highlighted as you go by, but then you are dropping it when nothing is highlighted. I suspect it may had to do with your tweet mod. Can you please disable all modifications on your site and then try this again. If it still isn't working, then please create a totally default style also and set that as the default under AdminCP > Settings > Options > style & language settings > default style, then Maintenance > Clear System Cache and then try again (with plugins still disabled).

To create a totally default style, create a new style with no parent:
                  • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
                  • Parent Style: No Parent Style
                  • Title: Default vBulletin
                  • Allow User Selection: Yes
                  • Save

Comment

I think I may have isolated this.

It only happens when my login session has timed out, but according to the status bar I am logged in, this could be due to a conflict between the remember me setting and the session log out ( I'm guessing here).
                    However I've been working on things today, and I have discovered that if I ensure I am working in a live session there are no issues with this.

I hope you understand that !

Comment

Hmmmm. Try refreshing the page to make sure you are really logged in before you try doing all that.

Comment

Hmmmm. Try refreshing the page to make sure you are really logged in before you try doing all that.
                        I'm just perplexed that the status bar says I am logged in, the "who's online" status will say 0 members online, but I can still use the editor, and see all the board, even access the acp, this appears to be a bug.

Comment