No announcement yet.

Major problem with urls after upgrading to vBulletin 5

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Major problem with urls after upgrading to vBulletin 5

    We upgraded from VB4… to VB 5.1.0 after the upgrade we noticed that all the forum/topics urls that had Greek language had changed to something like:
    “διαΟ%C2%84Ο%C2%81ΞΏΟ%C2%86Ξ�-ΞΊΞ±ΞΉ-Ο%C2%83Ο%C” and most of those urls didn’t work and give an “Invalid Page URL…”

    *VB4 database collation utf8_general_ci (all worked fine)
    VB5 database collation utf8_general_ci (all Greek input are correct, forum titles, topic titles, posts, except the urls in tables node, routenew and some in cache from what we checked)

    We changed by hand all the forum urls to the correct ones (forum name with – instead of special characters & spaces) and the forum/topic pages started loading again.
    Now we still got the topics urls that are all messed up and show like this: “διαΟ%C2%84Ο%C2%81ΞΏΟ%C2%86Ξ�-ΞΊΞ±ΞΉ-Ο%C2%83Ο%C”
    What ways are there to rebuild the forum/topics urls in order to be correct because we cant do the topics by hand...

    We also noticed that the:
    - “Go to the last new post” from the icon in front of the topic title (when there is a new post) still gives an Invalid Page URL. (the “Go to last post” from the icon at the Last Post column works correct)

    How do we fix all these problems after upgrading…

Related Topics