Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Page Layout/Grid Messed Up

Hi,

I recently upgraded to v5.1 and am still learning it, but am very frustrated and confused as to my current situation.

I purchased a custom skin for v5.1 and uploaded it which went fine, and was working on editing some widgets (namely an AdSense side widget) when my layout messed up. I tried re-importing the XML of the style to restore the skin, but that didn't work. I also tried deleting it and re-adding the skin a couple of times, but that didn't work either. Somehow in the shuffle, the default skin was lost too.

I tried restoring the default skin via tools.php which appeared to run fine, but it didn't add the default skin...

I am confused as to why the overall "layout" or "grid" remains the same (the spoiled mess that I'm trying to fix) despite using different skins... I assume this is a different aspect of v5.1 and that it differs from a theme/skin?

If so, how do I go about restoring a layout? The rest of my forum is fine, but I messed up my main "Forum" page, and I don't see a widget for "Forum". The closest I can find is something that outputs a Channel tree...

I searched and tried a lot before asking this...

Thanks in advance,

Tyler
    Tyler Cruz
    TylerCruz.com
    PublisherSpot.com: Professional Reviews of Ad Networks

Would need to see the page in question...it's possible you've somehow lost the default module in which case it can just be added back on.
    It's called "Latest Activity Module"
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The "Latest Activity Module" is indeed what was needed! Now I just need to figure out what the rest of the default modules were and where their locations are... could you by any chance send me a screenshot of the default Forum page in edit/sitebuilder mode?
      Tyler Cruz
      TylerCruz.com

Comment

Here's what a default installation looks like.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! Although I was kind of hoping for the view from within edit/sitebuilder mode so that I'd know the exact module names...

My issue now is that when attempting to edit my Forum page, despite the previews looking fine within that page as I add various modules, once I save it, they disappear... tried over a dozen times now... any ideas?
          Tyler Cruz
          TylerCruz.com

Comment

Make sure you clear the system cache each time you make a change (AdminCP > Maintenance > Clear System Cache)

The top "welcome" module is just a static HTML module.
            The Latest Topics and Recent Blog Posts modules are just search modules, you can customise these to show whatever you like.
            The bottom one is just a Tag Cloud module.

Comment

I really don't get it... I'm clearing the system cache, but still whenever I try to add a module via Edit Page and then save it, it disappears...
              Tyler Cruz
              TylerCruz.com

Comment

Are you saving all the way out? There are several confirmation screens to go through.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I was following all the correct prompts and doing everything correctly.

I had the person who designed the skin take a look at it who fixed it, and he said there were a couple of files missing which may have had to do with the issue...

...but what is more likely to have had been the issue was that apparantly vB5.1 needs the default skin/theme to remain in order for a custom theme to work properly... which is weird since it's not a parent theme or anything. I think the default theme being removed cause the widgets to not save for some reason.
                  Tyler Cruz
                  TylerCruz.com

Comment

You would need to open a support ticket so we can look at the site. We would only be guessing as to why the modules disappear otherwise.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X