Creating a private forum where a user can only see their own topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a private forum where a user can only see their own topic

Hello, I've recently purchased a vbulletin forum, and setting it up has been as smooth and easy as promised, with the exception of one thing I would like to add.

This is not a bug or error I'm encountering, just a know-how issue I'm having (or rather know-not-how).

This would be creating a category within a forum (for clarification, this would be a feedback forum where users post their opinion as unbiased as possible) that all regular members have access to, but they would only be able to see their own topics.

So as an example, user A is the admin here, B and C are regular users. B and C both have access to the "feedback forum" and both make a topic about whatever it is they'd like to talk about. They cannot see eachother's topics, but A, being the admin, can see both of them.

Any help in achieving this would be greatly appreciated!

/edit: this would be the latest and greatest vbulletin forum software (purchased about a month ago), and hosted on their own cloud at the moment, so I can't touch the php/sql stuff afaik.

/edit: also, sorry if this is in the wrong subforum.
    Last edited by Syllable; Fri 11 Apr '14, 1:17am.

yeah im pretty sure you can do that....
    i think its in channel/usergroup permissions...stuff like having "can view others topics" set to no....might just need that one setting but that should help get you going in the right direction at least..

have fun

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X