Giving access to test site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving access to test site

I've updated my test 4.2.2 site to 5.1. The site is disabled so that noone can actually login or do anything other than the admin account I use. Is it possible without breaking any licensing rules to allow moderators to also log in to do some testing to ensure the site is working correctly before I go an update the production site?

Password protect it, give the password only to your moderators.
    Enable the site.
    Enjoy setting it up for the grand opening.

Remove password protection.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      Password protect it, give the password only to your moderators.
      Enable the site.
      Enjoy setting it up for the grand opening.

Remove password protection.
      Where is the option to do a sitewide pwd? I can only find the settings to put a pwd on each forum/channel

Comment

you would do this with .htaccess or if you have cpanel for your server you can set it up on there...

is that required tho in the lic or whatever? i was thinking as long as you didnt run it like a live site or something was ok

Comment

Originally posted by IggyP View Post
          is that required tho in the lic or whatever? i was thinking as long as you didnt run it like a live site or something was ok
          Oh, that's a point. I'll need to go through the license agreement to see. I guess I could brand it testing to make sure no one is accidently posting thinking it's the live forum.

Comment