No announcement yet.

How to remove the "Attached Files" box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove the "Attached Files" box?

Hello,

How can I remove the "Attached Files" box? When i post an image, a huge box with "Attached Files" info appears at the end of the post. I just what to post a photo, not that stupid box. Also some "Tags:" are there. How can i remove that box please? It looks too cluttered with that thing and also that "tags" is making it too cluttered.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/filed...7012&type=full
    Here you can see the example:
    Attached Files

You'd have to edit the templates and remove it, there isn't an option to.

Comment

So i have to go inside the code and comment it out? Where could I find that code please? And why do i see just a text link instead of the image? thanks.

Comment

If you remove it, then anyone who doesn't embed an image won't have their attachments show up at all.

Usergroup and / or channel permissions to view an attachment is the likely cause of the second issue.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks. this vB5 is a complete disaster. I regret so much i purchased it.That box has to be removed from there. Imagine how huge that box would be if someone added 10 photos. I think i will have to ask for my money back and try to use some other forum. I thought that vB5 will be a better version of vB4. But i was wrong. vB4 is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            Usergroup and / or channel permissions to view an attachment is the likely cause of the second issue.
            I can't find the option to view attachment in Usergroup and / or channel permissions. Could you tell me exactly how to get there please?

Comment

You know that box is there in 4 too right? and 3?

What version are you running?

Comment

If you look @ apexonlineracing.com we have done exactly that on articles, especially the preview article module. We have then extended the preview image to be the featured image and finally played with some settings in vb5 itself (admincp). This code change was found in the style sheet/variables. You'll want to edit "css_additional.css" via an ftp client, then notepad.

Comment

edit via ftp? why?
                  also, what code??

Comment

Originally posted by McLarenDan View Post
                    If you look @ apexonlineracing.com we have done exactly that on articles, especially the preview article module. We have then extended the preview image to be the featured image and finally played with some settings in vb5 itself (admincp). This code change was found in the style sheet/variables. You'll want to edit "css_additional.css" via an ftp client, then notepad.
                    Hi, thanks. so i found the file template/stylesheet.php but i don't know which part of the code i should comment out? Can you be more specific please? thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X