Signatures Are Not Displaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signatures Are Not Displaying

Signatures are not displaying for any usergroup. vB 5.1 Signaturepics folder is CHMOD 0777. No error messages when uploading signature images which display in the AdminCP after uploading but not when viewing the profile following upload. What might be causing the issue?

Do you have signatures turned on in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Topic Display > Post Signature Inline > Yes

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Do you have signatures turned on in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Topic Display > Post Signature Inline > Yes
      Yes, I do. This must be something simple. I simply can't determine what it is.

Comment

Do you have show signatures set under /settings/account?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Do you have show signatures set under /settings/account?
          I assume you are referring to via the UserCP in which case the answer would be "Yes."

Comment

I think I had the same problem. I ran the query where I set up all the users to display signatures... then I checked like 3-4 times and saved that I can display signatures... then I manually went to my profile and enabled the "view signatures" again... something like that.
            GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews

REMEMBER : Life is better with animals.

Comment

Originally posted by PET View Post
              I think I had the same problem. I ran the query where I set up all the users to display signatures... then I checked like 3-4 times and saved that I can display signatures... then I manually went to my profile and enabled the "view signatures" again... something like that.
              What query would that be? A SQL query? Or something else? I'm at a dead end here.

Comment

Are you saying signatures, or signature *pictures* are not working?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Are you saying signatures, or signature *pictures* are not working?
                  The signature images which would typically be either uploaded to the /signaturepics folder or URL linked are the specific issue. Text signatures, to my knowledge, display correctly.

Comment

Can you try setting the sigpics to be in the database instead of the filesystem and then see if they are there when someone uploads one?

Comment

Can you try setting the sigpics to be in the database instead of the filesystem and then see if they are there when someone uploads one?
                      Under Attachment Storage Type it reads:
                      Attachments are currently being stored in the database
                      Action Move Items from Database into File System

Comment

I've attempted to upload several different signatures under multiple users with multiple usergroups and different permissions.

None of the images are in the /signaturepics folder. The only file in said folder is the index file.

Comment

This is the darndest thing. If I manually upload the signature images to /signaturepics and manually insert the [SIGPIC] tags signature images work. Yet if I attempt it via the AdminCP the signature images do not upload to the /signaturepics folder which is CHMOD 0777

Comment

I asked about moving them to the database, and you posted an image showing where the attachments were being stored, not the sigpics. They are listed under Avatars > User Picture Storage Type.

Are you only having issues doing this via the admincp?

Comment

I asked about moving them to the database, and you posted an image showing where the attachments were being stored, not the sigpics. They are listed under Avatars > User Picture Storage Type.

Are you only having issues doing this via the admincp?
                              Posted the wrong information but the avatars and signatures are currently being stored in the database.

Images are currently being served from the database.
                              The issue is both from the UserCP and from the AdminCP. The signatures say they are uploading but they are not uploading.

Comment