Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with vBulletin 5.1.0 fresh install...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with vBulletin 5.1.0 fresh install...

Hi,

I'm installing vBulletin 5.1.0 and when I went to access the adminCP I was shown an error message saying "That action could not be completed" so I edited the presentation config file and changed
    PHP Code:
    $config['core_path'] = realpath(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/core'
    to my absolute path however I am now receiving a blank page everywhere I go on the site. Not to mention if I don't enter /index.php I am returned a default server page which I find odd.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance...

ScreenShottr - Open Source Screen Capture Tool (Just pin to your taskbar)

You shouldn't be editing that file at all except to rename it. The error you're getting is because the .htaccess file is not available or isn't working. If you installed in a sub-directory and there is an .htaccess file in the parent, you need to set the RewriteBase within the .htaccess file. Instructions on doing this are within the file itself.

If your server is IIS, then you need to make sure the web.config file is working. This requires the installation of the URL Rewrite module from Microsoft's site.

If you're using NGINX, then you need to implement the vhost file in the do_not_upload folder into your server configuration.

For the index.php returning a default server page, you need to talk to your server administrator and tell them that index.php is a default file.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Edit the file back to what it should be.

Have you uploaded the .htaccess file from the root of the upload folder?
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Yes I uploaded the file and I don't have a .htaccess file in the parent directory. I changed it back and I don't get the blank page but I still cannot access the AdminCP.

Comment

Go to /core/admincp/. Can you log in there? If so, make sure the URLs for front-end, login and core are correct under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I can login via /core/admincp with no problems, and the site URLs are correct as far as I can see.

Comment

We need to see your site at the server level so please open a Support Ticket.

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport/

Wayne Luke

Comment

The user has open_basedir restrictions on his server and so he is running into this bug - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-6415 The fix was to edit the /core/admincp/global.php file per the jira report.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Kent55
                  Kent55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you, I applied the fix in core/modcp/global.php too.