Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Include the navigation bar and page title in a custom page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include the navigation bar and page title in a custom page?

I have created a new page, but I want it to have the same style and content as the current home page. I've added similar modules and used the same lay out to make it look more like the regular home page, but I can't get the top of the page right.

On the home page, I have (from top to bottom) the navigation bar, the announcements module, the page title module and then the forum content. For my custom page I can add the announcements module, but I can't add the navigation bar and page title as a module.

I've searched these forums for a solution, but I can only find how to remove the page title, no instructions on how to add it. Does anyone have a clue how to do this?

5.1.0 onwards should allow you to remove the page title module.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I do not want to remove the title page module, I want to add it to another page so both pages look the same. Same goes for the navigation bar.

Comment

Originally posted by bw_van_manen View Post
        I do not want to remove the title page module, I want to add it to another page so both pages look the same. Same goes for the navigation bar.
        To actually include vBulletin elements on an external page will require custom code.
        We can't provide coding support, but you could try asking on www.vbulletin.org, the modifications site.

Comment

It is not an external page.
          I have created a new page using the 'New page' button in the 'Edit site' functions of vBulletin. This new page should look like the standard home page, so I want to include the same modules. However, when I click on 'Edit page', I cannot find the 'page title' and 'navigation bar' modules that are active on the main page.

Comment

Ah I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Looking at my own custom page, I don't think the page title module can be manually added in 5.0.5. It's classed (incorrectly) as a system module.
            I believe 5.1.0 rectifies this, though I haven't tested that.

Comment

Do you know if it will become possible to add the navigation bar as a module?

Comment

The navigation bar is built into every page, it won't be possible to add it separately as a module.

Comment

Oops, I meant the sub-navigation bar. The navigation bar is visible, but the sub-navigation items are not visible on my custom page.

Comment

Originally posted by bw_van_manen View Post
                    Oops, I meant the sub-navigation bar. The navigation bar is visible, but the sub-navigation items are not visible on my custom page.
                    That's fixed in 5.1.0.

Comment