Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unread items expiring too soon ... ideas ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unread items expiring too soon ... ideas ?!

on the older forum, there was a page you could open that archived ALL unread posts as individual items. This list didn’t expire a certain amount of time after being viewed, items only cleared after being clicked on. Now you can get a list of unread posts but if you don’t read them all in a fixed amount of time, they clear out. It would be nice to be able to manually clear new posts so none would get overlooked. can anybody steer me in the right direction with this?

I don't think that vB5 offers such a list. However, you can increase the time when unread items show up as read.

If you want such list to be a "new" feature in vB5, I guess the only way to go is via JIRA.

Comment

You can use "Today's Posts" which will keep items in the list, even after they have been read...read items are identified by the title ceasing to be bold.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Grrrrrrrr.... first 24 hours using vB5 and not having the essential unread posts is driving me batty. Seriously batty. It IS essential. I use it to make sure I do not miss any posts with new lessons posted by students.

Comment