Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost password xxx/vbforum/lostpw stays at the home page

Hi,

We have installed the latest version of vbulletin in a sub folder in one of our wordpress based sites. When I click on the lost password link, the URL becomes xxx/vbforum/lospw but i still stays at the forum page. I am not sure what has gone wrong. Please help.

Thanks!
    Sowmya
    Last edited by sowmya002; Mon 3 Mar '14, 2:24am.

Check there is an htaccess file in the sub folder root. Also bear in mind that vBulletin 5 doesn't always play well in sub folders of other software. If you have an htaccess file in the Wordpress root, this could mess up vBulletin.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hi Mark,

The server is windows based and we have a web.config in the sites root folder. We have installed vbulletin in a sub folder and this sub folder also has a web.config file which came along with the vbulletin installation.

In fact we had some issues initially during the vBulletin set up and we were unable to access the admincp. This was because some of the root web.config rules were propagating to the sub folder. We had then modified the root folder web.config in order to prevent this and the admincp started working fine.

One more observation is that when I logged in with admin username and password, the xxx/vbforum/lospw indeed asked me to enter the email address and the proper page came up. Since after logging in the proper page comes up, I doubt whether it is something to do with some permission settings. Please let me know your suggestions on how to go about resolving the issue.

Thanks!
      Sowmya
      Last edited by sowmya002; Mon 3 Mar '14, 2:39am.

Comment

Hello,

Can you try this web.config file? http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11655

Comment

Hi Zachery,

Thanks for your reply!

I copied and pasted the code as per the above URL to the web.config inside the forum folder (the folder where vbulletin is installed). Still it behaves the same way as before. When I log in, it behaves properly else stays at home page itself without asking for any email address. Is there any permissions issue?

Thanks!
          Sowmya

Comment

Your forum is installed in the /vbforum/ directory?

Run this query on your database:
            select * from routenew where name='lostpw'

What does it return?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your reply!

yes. We have installed vbulletin in a sub folder. In fact we have our test server which is not open to public. There we have /vbforum directory and in our main live server we have /forum directory. Both the test and live servers behave the same way for the lost password page.

I executed the query in the live server and got one row: 14 as the result.
              routeid name redirect301 prefix regex class controller action template arguments contentid product guid
              14 lostpw NULL lostpw lostpw vB5_Route_Page page index a:1:{s:6:"pageid";s:1:"4";} 4 vbulletin vbulletin-4ecbdacd6a6f13.66635712
              Thanks!
              Sowmya

Comment

Hi Wayne,

I have one more observation today. In fact when I click on the various channels, posts etc., the URL changes in the browser address tab, but the page contents remains same as the home page. So it is not an issue with lostpswd alone but the entire forum navigation works properly only when we login.

Looks like a serious issue because the navigation is not happening properly. Please help us with this.

Thanks!
                Sowmya

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Any updates on the issue? We are unable to start using the forum because of this. Please help.

Thanks!
                  Sowmya

Comment

What is the content of your .htaccess file on the server?

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Since we have a windows OS, we do not have any htaccess file in our sites root folder. Also the htaccess in forum folder is renamed. We use web.config in the sites root folder.

Thanks!
                      Sowmya

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Any suggestions. Please help us resolve the issue since we are unable to use the forum due to this issue. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
                        Sowmya

Comment

What is the content of your web.config file? Do you have URL Rewrite from Microsoft installed?

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Wayne,

I would like to clarify one more thing. As I had updated in my previous comments, when we click on the forgot password link or any of the channel links from homepage, the page refreshes and also the URL in the address bar changes. But the contents remains same as of the home page.

Please find below the code of our root folder's web.config.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                            <configuration>
                            <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">
                            <system.webServer>

<rewrite>
                            <rules><rule name="WordPress Rule" stopProcessing="true"><match url=".*"/><conditions><add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true"/><add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true"/></conditions><action type="Rewrite" url="index.php?page_id={R:0}"/></rule>
                            <rule name="wordpress" patternSyntax="Wildcard">
                            <match url="*"/>
                            <conditions>
                            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true"/>
                            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true"/>
                            </conditions>
                            <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php"/>
                            </rule></rules>
                            </rewrite>
                            </system.webServer>
                            </location>

<system.webServer>
                            <directoryBrowse enabled="false"/>
                            <defaultDocument>
                            <files>
                            <clear/>
                            <add value="index.php"/>
                            <add value="index.htm"/>
                            <add value="Default.asp"/>
                            <add value="index.asp"/>
                            <add value="Default.pdf"/>
                            <add value="Default.htm"/>
                            <add value="index.html"/>
                            <add value="index.pdf"/>
                            <add value="iisstart.htm"/>
                            <add value="default.aspx"/>
                            </files>
                            </defaultDocument>
                            </system.webServer>
                            </configuration>

Thanks!
                            Sowmya
                            Last edited by sowmya002; Mon 10 Mar '14, 11:26pm.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Any suggestions? Please help us since it is difficult to have the forum fully functional before the issue is resolved.

Thanks!
                              Sowmya

Comment