Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem Getting Any User Image Ranks To Display!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problem Getting Any User Image Ranks To Display!

    Hi,

    I am having problems getting images (stars) to be displayed in the various user ranks.

    They are uploaded here: http://www.iranianbusinessforum.com/...es/stars/1.gif

    No matter what derivative/variation of the path I put in "User Rank File Path" I still get the following message: http://prntscr.com/2wqx77

    Please advise.

    Regards,

  • #2
    The image path is relative to the /core directory. So, if you put the ranks into /core/images/ranks, then the path would be images/ranks/image.png And, make sure to go to Maintenance > General Update Tools > Update User Titles and Ranks after you add it ( http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10044 )

    Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

    W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      The image path is relative to the /core directory. So, if you put the ranks into /core/images/ranks, then the path would be images/ranks/image.png And, make sure to go to Maintenance > General Update Tools > Update User Titles and Ranks after you add it ( http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10044 )
      Hi Lynne, many thanks for the helpful post. For ease of following, I have put the images in the folder that you suggested. We can see they are uploaded successfully by going to this link:
      http://www.iranianbusinessforum.com/...es/ranks/1.gif

      However despite saving successfully I see the following erroneous image upon reviewing even after updating titles ranks! :

      http://prntscr.com/2wzftd

      and

      http://prntscr.com/2wzcro

      Please kindly advise.

      Comment


      • #4
        Anyone? This seems like a very simple matter.. but clearly something is not right.

        Comment


        • #5
          What exactly do you have for the ranks under User Ranks? Please list the values of each option.
          Translations provided by Google.

          Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            What exactly do you have for the ranks under User Ranks? Please list the values of each option.
            Hi Wayne,

            Let me show you a screenshot. This is what I currently have where the image is failing to load: http://prntscr.com/2xzcsu

            Alternatively where I have a text rank, this is what I have: http://prntscr.com/2xzcow

            Please advise.

            Comment


            • #7
              Please post the options for every rank image in a reply. Easier to just post them directly instead of worrying about screenshots. A direct link to a page (not a screenshot) where it isn't working would also help. Thank you.

              However the issue is most likely the leading / before the word images. I need to see the exact output though.
              Translations provided by Google.

              Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Please post the options for every rank image in a reply. Easier to just post them directly instead of worrying about screenshots. A direct link to a page (not a screenshot) where it isn't working would also help. Thank you.

                However the issue is most likely the leading / before the word images. I need to see the exact output though.
                Hi Luke, more than happy to provide the details you need for full transparency. Could you please clarify what you mean when you say 'post options for every rank'. What is it you would like me to show you exactly?

                Also here is a link to a specific example (scroll to last user post) to see the error in action: http://www.iranianbusinessforum.com/forum/forum/main-category/main-forum/18-ebay-founder-pierre-omidyar-gifts-3-million-to-louvre-for-‘persian-art’-%7C

                Kind Regards,

                Comment


                • #9
                  Very odd. I tested this on my site and it worked at first. I now look and it's a broken image. I seem to recall an odd bug about this and the workaround was....

                  put the image 1.gif in both /core/images/ranks AND in /images/ranks. Now enter as the URL just images/ranks/1.gif . Save. Run Update User Titles and Images. Now see if it works.

                  Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

                  W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X