Site Builder not working on home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Builder not working on home page

Site Builder on off button and tool does not work on the home page, but it does work on other pages and subforum pages. I previously got error messages, but that was fixed by matching the site url address to the AdminCP Settings. Now I just get no response when clicking the on off button.

Do you have a green announcement showing? There's a bug with these.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hi Mark,

No "green" in my announcements. BUT I found a work around, but not a real solution.

As of 2-16-14, using announcements causes my Site Builder in 5.0.5 to not work in any pages the announcement is applied to. So I can make announcements using the announcement module and AdminCp Announcement Manager, but I will have to temporarily delete them if I want to use Site Builder. Changing the announcement dates to a future date will allow Site Builder to work until that date comes around. In my case, Site Builder did not work on my home page because that was the only page I had the announcement applied to via AdminCP Announcement manager.

Any idea when the next VB version 5 update will come out?

Thanks much! you put me on the right track

Comment

Hi, I have similar issue, I upgraded to 5.0.5 today and Site Builder does not seem to work on any page now... no on off button on any page.

Comment

Originally posted by AdjusterGuru View Post
          Hi Mark,

No "green" in my announcements. BUT I found a work around, but not a real solution.

As of 2-16-14, using announcements causes my Site Builder in 5.0.5 to not work in any pages the announcement is applied to. So I can make announcements using the announcement module and AdminCp Announcement Manager, but I will have to temporarily delete them if I want to use Site Builder. Changing the announcement dates to a future date will allow Site Builder to work until that date comes around. In my case, Site Builder did not work on my home page because that was the only page I had the announcement applied to via AdminCP Announcement manager.

Any idea when the next VB version 5 update will come out?

Thanks much! you put me on the right track
          Yes, this is the bug I was referring to. If there's an active announcement on a page, then Site Builder won't work.

However, other stuff won't work either - so you should no use announcements at all until 5.10 comes out, where the bug is fixed.

In the interim, notices will do much the same job.

Comment

Thanks Mark!

You say "other stuff won't work either". What kind of other stuff? Is there a list somewhere? It sure would save a lot of us a lot of time wasted trying to figure why this or that is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by AdjusterGuru View Post
              Thanks Mark!

You say "other stuff won't work either". What kind of other stuff? Is there a list somewhere? It sure would save a lot of us a lot of time wasted trying to figure why this or that is not working.
              Some details in the bug report:
              http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11430

Comment

Originally posted by wmaya View Post
                Hi, I have similar issue, I upgraded to 5.0.5 today and Site Builder does not seem to work on any page now... no on off button on any page.
                Please start your own topic, this is not the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                  Some details in the bug report:
                  http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11430
                  Thanks Mark.

You previously said don't use Announcements until 5.10 comes out, but in this later link you referred me to, on 10-4-13 Sebastiano wrote:

"Approved on 5.1.0 a2r8. Announcements don't break functionality."

Does that mean that there is a VB 5.1.0 available to use and should I try it, or do you suggest I wait? I thought 5.0.5 was the latest version. My VB website is offline while I put it together and learn how the admin tools work. Just wondering if my time would be better spent learning the admin tools for a newer version, or if the admin tools are pretty much the same, but these bugs are fixed in 5.1.0. Any guess when 5.1.1 or higher come out?

Comment

5.1.0 is in beta, so you should wait for the full release. 5.0.5 is the current supported release. There will always be another release in the pipeline.

Comment

Thanks so much Mark!

Comment

I am having the same issue!! I did a test install to update from 4 to 5 and everything seemed to work fine. I downloaded to latest 5.0.5 today and did the update on the live data and for some reason I can not see the site builder options. I can turn it on and off just fine but all the shows up is a link to the admincp... Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by route2media View Post
                          I am having the same issue!! I did a test install to update from 4 to 5 and everything seemed to work fine. I downloaded to latest 5.0.5 today and did the update on the live data and for some reason I can not see the site builder options. I can turn it on and off just fine but all the shows up is a link to the admincp... Please help!
                          The fix for the issue being discussed is posted in this thread.

If this does not fix your problem, then you have a completely different issue. Please start your own thread with full details of the problem.

Comment

Hi Mark,

On 2-17-14 you wrote "In the interim, notices will do much the same job. "

I just now discovered "Notices" on the AdminCP!. Stupid me.

Looks like Notices will do what I need.

I see the "default_guest_message" and it has a help link. I don't see a "help" file in the root directory, so assume it is in the database. Where in the database is the help and register code stored?

Thanks!

Comment

Mark, regarding the Notices in AdminCP, how do I limit the notice to the home page only? When I select "Forum" at the top of the drop down menu in the "User is browsing forum" Display settings, the notice appears in all forums and sub forums. And if I select a parent or sub forum from the drop down menu, the notice does not appear on the home page.
                              Last edited by AdjusterGuru; Fri 28th Feb '14, 5:07pm. Reason: mispelling

Comment